The handbook of global climate and environment policy [electronic resource]
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xi, 530 p.)
- Falkner, Robert, 1967-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Notes on Contributors viii Preface xiii Part I Global Policy Challenges 1 1 Global Climate Change 3 Matthew J. Hoffmann 2 Global Water Governance 19 Joyeeta Gupta 3 Biodiversity and Conservation 37 Stuart Harrop 4 Marine Environment Protection 53 Markus Salomon 5 Deforestation 72 David Humphreys 6 Biotechnology and Biosafety 89 Aarti Gupta 7 Global Chemicals Politics and Policy 107 Henrik Selin Part II Concepts and Approaches 125 8 Global Environmental Norms 127 Steven Bernstein 9 Global Governance 146 Johannes Stripple and Hannes Stephan 10 Global Environmental Security 163 Simon Dalby 11 International Environmental Law 179 Daniel Bodansky 12 Green Growth 197 Michael Jacobs 13 Sustainable Consumption 215 Doris Fuchs 14 Climate Change Justice 231 Edward Page Part III Global Actors, Institutions, and Processes 249 15 The Nation-State, International Society, and the Global Environment 251 Robert Falkner 16 Transnational Environmental Activism 268 Susan Park 17 Business as a Global Actor 286 Jennifer Clapp and Jonas Meckling 18 International Regime Effectiveness 304 Steinar Andresen 19 Strengthening the United Nations 320 Steffen Bauer 20 International Negotiations 339 Radoslav S. Dimitrov 21 Regionalism and Environmental Governance 358 Miranda Schreurs Part IV Global Economy and Policy 375 22 Globalization 377 Peter Newell 23 Private Regulation in Global Environmental Governance 394 Graeme Auld and Lars H. Gulbrandsen 24 International Trade, the Environment, and Climate Change 412 Nico Jaspers and Robert Falkner 25 Global Finance and the Environment 428 Christopher Wright 26 Energy Policy and Climate Change 446 Benjamin K. Sovacool 27 Economic Instruments for Climate Change 468 Jonas Meckling and Cameron Hepburn 28 International Aid and Adaptation to Climate Change 486 Jessica M. Ayers and Achala Chandani Abeysinghe Index 507.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Handbook of Global Climate and Environment Policy presents an authoritative and comprehensive overview of global policy on climate and the environment. It combines the strengths of an interdisciplinary team of experts from around the world to explore current debates and the latest thinking in the search for global environmental solutions. * Explores the environmental challenges we currently face, and the concepts and approaches to solving these * Questions the role of global actors, institutions and processes, and considers the links between global climate and environment policy, and that of the global economyHighlights the connections between social science research and global policy * Brings together authoritative coverage of recent research by internationally-renowned experts from around the world, including from North America, Europe, and Asia * Provides an essential resource guide for students and researchers from across a wide range of related disciplines from politics and international relations, to environmental sciences and sociology and for global policy practitioners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Robert Falkner.
- Title Variation
- Global climate and environment policy
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook of global climate and environment policy Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons Inc., c2013 9780470673249 (DLC) 2012045304
- 9781118326237 (electronic bk.)
- 1118326237 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118326213 (electronic bk.)
- 1118326210 (electronic bk.)
- 9780470673249 (cloth)