Urban environmental policy analysis
- Heather E. Campbell and Elizabeth A. Corley.
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 309 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|HT241 .C357 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch.1. The Governance Debate and the Rise of Interactive Governance
- Ch.2. Governance in Other Disciplines: One Approach or Many?
- Ch.3. Power and Politics in Interactive Governance
- Ch.4. Measuring Governance
- Ch.5. Horizontal, Vertical, and Diagonal Governance
- Ch.6. Institutionalizing Interactive Governance
- Ch.7. Metagovernance: The Art of Governing Interactive Governance
- Ch.8. New Roles and Role Dilemmas in Interactive Governance
- Ch.9. Assessing and Improving Effective Interactive Governance
- Ch.10. Assessing and Improving the Democratic Quality of Interactive Governance
- Ch.11. Transparency and Governance
- Ch.12. Conclusions.
- Publisher's Summary
- This timely book provides a wealth of useful information for following through on today's renewed concern for sustainability and environmentalism. It's designed to help city managers, policy analysts, and government administrators think comprehensively and communicate effectively about environmental policy issues.The authors illustrate a system-based framework model of the city that provides a holistic view of environmental media (land, air, and water) while helping decision-makers to understand the extent to which environmental policy decisions are intertwined with the natural, built, and social systems of the city. They go on to introduce basic and environment-specific policy-analytic models, methods, and tools; presents numerous specific environmental policy puzzles that will confront cities; and introduces methods for understanding and educating public opinions around urban environmental policy.The book is grounded in the policy-analytic perspective rather than political science, economic, or planning frameworks. It includes both new scholarship and synthesis of existing policy analysis. Numerous tables, figures, checklists, and maps, as well as a comprehensive reference list are included.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780765624291 20160611
- This timely book provides a wealth of information to help city managers, policy analysts, and government administrators identify relevant urban environmental problems and an array of potential solutions, analyze policy solutions and outcomes, and communicate with the public regarding urban environmental problems and policies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780765624307 20160612
- Publication date
- 9780765624291 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 076562429X (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: