The conservation of easel paintings
- edited by Joyce Hill Stoner and Rebecca Rushfield.
- 1st ed.
- Abingdon, Oxon [England] ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxxvi, 889 pages : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Routledge series in conservation and museology.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
|ND1640 .C58 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 765-866) and index.
- Foreword Preface Part 1: Technical art history, examination, documentation, and scientific analysis Part 2: Methods and approaches for the treatment and care of easel paintings Part 3: Preventive conservation, health and safety, outreach, and professional organizations Glossary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Conservation of Easel Paintings is the first comprehensive text on the history, philosophy, and methods of treatment of easel paintings that combines both theory with practice. With contributions from an international group of experts and interviews with important artists, this volume provides an all-encompassing guide to necessary background knowledge in technical art history, artists' materials, scientific methods of examination and documentation, with sections that present varying approaches and methods for treatment, including consolidation, lining, cleaning, retouching, and varnishing. The book concludes with a section featuring issues of preventive conservation, storage, shipping, exhibition, lighting, safety issues, and public outreach. Conservation of Easel Paintings is a crucial resource in the training of conservation students and will provide generations of practicing paintings conservators and interested art historians, curators, directors, collectors, dealers, artists, and students of art and art history with invaluable information and guidance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Routledge series in conservation and museology
- 9780750681995 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 0750681993 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9780080941691 (ebook)
- 0080941699 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: