The Athena doctrine : how women (and the men who think like them) will rule the future
- John Gerzema & Michael D'Antonio.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2013.
- Physical description
- v, 298 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|HD6054.3 .G39 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: The Athena Doctrine 1 1 Great Britain 27 2 Iceland 55 3 Israel 77 4 Japan 103 5 Colombia and Peru 127 6 Kenya 149 7 India 169 8 China 189 9 Sweden, Germany, and Belgium 213 10 Bhutan 237 Conclusion: The Age of Athena 255 More Information 269 Notes 273 Acknowledgments 283 About the Authors 287 Index 291.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118452950 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- New York Times Bestseller How feminine values can solve our toughest problems and build a more prosperous future Among 64,000 people surveyed in thirteen nations, two thirds feel the world would be a better place if men thought more like women. This marks a global trend away from the winner-takes-all, masculine approach to getting things done. Drawing from interviews at innovative organizations in eighteen nations and at Fortune 500 boardrooms, the authors reveal how men and women alike are recognizing significant value in traits commonly associated with women, such as nurturing, cooperation, communication, and sharing. The Athena Doctrine shows why femininity is the operating system of 21st century prosperity. Advocates a new way to solve today's toughest problems in business, education, government, and more Based on a landmark survey and results from Young & Rubicam's respected Brand Asset Valuator's global survey, as well as on-the-ground interviews in 18 countries From acclaimed social theorist, consumer expert, and bestselling author, John Gerzema, and award-winning author, Michael D'Antonio Brought to life through real world examples and backed by rigorous data, The Athena Doctrine shows how feminine traits are ascending--and bringing success to people and organizations around the world. By nurturing, listening, collaborating and sharing, women and men are solving problems, finding profits, and redefining success in every realm.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118452950 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781118452950 (hbk.)
- 111845295X (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: