Song of anguish [electronic resource] : Elegy for Anne Frank ; Lammdeni ; Adon olam
- Lukas Foss. The heavenly feast / Robert Beaser.
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- English, Hebrew. The 1st & 5th works sung in English, the 3rd & 4th works in Hebrew.
- [Kowloon, Hong Kong] : Naxos, p2005.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009.
- Hauman, Constance.
- Wilde, Mark, 1960-
- Maddalena, James.
- McCutcheon, Kevin.
- Bowers-Broadbent, Christopher.
- Schwarz, Gerard, 1947-
- Wilkins, Christopher, 1957-
- Brewer, Michael (Conductor)
- Milken Archive of American Jewish Music.
- Laudibus (Musical group)
- Berliner Rundfunk. Sinfonie-Orchester.
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra.
- Song of anguish (21:27) ; Elegy for Anne Frank (7:54) ; Lammdeni : I. Barukh haggever (2:18). II. Va'eda ma (3:00). III. Mi al har horev (4:15)
- Adon Olam (5:05) / Lukas Foss
- The heavenly feast (22:01) / Robert Beaser.
- Included Work
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009. Song of anguish.
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009. Elegy for Anne Frank.
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009. Lamdeni.
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009. Adon olom.
- Beaser, Robert. Heavenly feast.
- Release date
- Production date
- American classics
- The 1st work is a solo cantata for baritone and orchestra; the 2nd for piano and orchestra; the 3rd for choir and percussion ensemble; the 4th for tenor, choir, and organ; and the 5th work for soprano with orchestra.
- "Milken Archive, American Jewish Music."
- Constance Hauman, soprano (5th work) ; Mark Wilde, tenor (4th work) ; James Maddalena, baritone (1st work) ; Kevin McCutcheon, piano (2nd work) ; Christopher Bowers-Broadbent, organ (4th work) ; Laudibus (3rd & 4th works) ; Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Berlin (1st & 2nd works) ; Seattle Symphony (5th work) ; Gerard Schwarz (1st & 5th works), Christopher Wilkins (2nd work), Michael Brewer (3rd & 4th works), conductors.
- Recorded at Jesus Christus Kirche, Berlin, Germany, May 1999 (1st & 2nd works); at Benaroya Hall, Seattle, Washington, May 1999 (5th work); at the Warehouse, London, U.K., July 2000 (3rd work); and at St. Paul's Church, Knightsbridge, London, U.K., Oct. 2000 (4th work).
- Included Work
- Elegy for Anne Frank.
- Adon olam.
- Heavenly feast.
- Publisher Number
- 8.559438 Naxos