Ladino songs of love and suffering [electronic resource] : Mikhoels the wise (excerpt) ; Out of the whirlwind
- Bruce Adolphe.
- Uniform Title
- Vocal music. Selections
- Ladino, English, Yiddish. Sung in Ladino (1st work), English (2nd work), and Yiddish (3rd work).
- [S.l.] : Naxos, p2004.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- American classics (Naxos (Sound recording label))
- Adolphe, Bruce.
- Shelton, Lucy Performer
- Fisk, Eliot Performer
- Jolley, David Performer
- Mills, Erie. Performer
- Watson, Nathaniel. Performer
- Aler, John Performer
- Pancella, Phyllis. Performer
- Schwarz, Gerard, 1947- Conductor
- Winther, Rodney. Conductor
- Seattle Symphony Orchestra Performer
- University of Cincinnati. College-Conservatory of Music. Wind Symphony. Performer
- Milken Archive of American Jewish Music.
- Ladino songs of love and suffering. Introduction ; Noches, noches ; Avrix mi galanica ; El mi querido ; Camini por altas torres ; La rosa enflorece ; Alta, alta, va la luna
- Mikhoels the wise : (Excerpt). Act I, scene 4. A train station in Birobidzhan at midnight
- Out of the whirlwind. Es brent ; Mayn mama hot gevolt zayn af mayn khasene ; Treblinka ; Rivkele, di shabesdike ; Shtil di nakht ; Ani ma'amin.
- Included Work
- Adolphe, Bruce. Ladino songs of love and suffering.
- Adolphe, Bruce. Mikhoels the Wise, Act 1, Scene 4.
- Adolphe, Bruce. Out of the whirlwind.
- Release date
- Production date
- American classics
- The 1st work a song cycle for soprano, guitar, and French horn; the 2nd work an opera excerpt; the 3rd work is a duet for mezzo-soprano and tenor, with acc. of wind ensemble, piano, harp, and bass, based on Yiddish songs by Holocaust victims.
- In the first work: Lucy Shelton vocals ; Eliot Fisk, guitar ; David Jolley, French horn. In the second work: Erie Mills, soprano ; Nathaniel Watson, baritone ; Seattle Symphony, Gerard Schwarz, conductor. In the third work: John Aler, tenor ; Phyllis Pancella, mezzo-soprano ; College-Conservatory of Music Wind Symphony, Rodney Winther, cond.
- Recorded Jan. 2001 at the Lefrak Concert Hall/Colden Center for the Arts, Flushing, N.Y. (first work), May 2000 at Batsyr University Chapel, Seattle, Wash. (second work), and Jan. 2000 at Werner Recital Hall, University of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Included Work
- Mikhoels the wise.
- Out of the whirlwind.
- Publisher Number
- 8.559413 Naxos