Modelling in medicine and biology X
- International Conference on Modelling in Medicine and Biology (10th : 2011 : Budapest, Hungary)
- Southampton ; Boston : WIT, c2013.
- Physical description
- 277 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- WIT transactions on biomedicine and health v. 17.
QH323.5 .I564 2011
- Unknown QH323.5 .I564 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents Section 1: Biofluid mechanics Arterial pulse waves measured with EMFi and PPG sensors and comparison of the pulse waveform spectral and decomposition analysis in healthy young and elderly subjects-- Transport by pulsatile flow in a branching network of cerebral vasculature-- Experimental analysis of particles flow inside the Volumatic(R) spacer-- Hemodynamics of human placenta Section 2: Experimental and computational analysis Modelling of blood coagulation in cerebral aneurysms-- Numerical simulation of electromechanical activity of the gastric smooth muscle-- Dual reciprocity boundary element modeling of collimated light fluence distribution in normal and cancerous prostate tissue during photodynamic therapy-- Psychophysiological determinants of drivers' condition-- Investigating implantable glucose biosensors pitfalls: a fault tree analysis approach-- Information security of healthcare systems: using a biometric approach-- Computational technologies in tissue engineering Section 3: Cardiovascular system Indexes derived from non-linear ESPVR for evaluation of ventricular performance-- Efficient measurements of the diameter of the human artery using super-resolution imaging technique based on multi-scale wavelet analysis-- Local sensitivity analysis of cardiovascular system parameters-- Particle motion in coronary serial stenoses Section 4: Biomechanics Dermis mechanical behaviour: influence of cell removal treatment-- Simulation of microcrack growth and repair in living bone-- Development of a novel platform for quantifying age-related sensori-motor degradation to control age-related falls-- Efficiency of different control strategies in a force-feedback gripper Section 5: Orthopaedics and bone mechanics Effect of different conservation methods on some mechanical properties of swine bone-- Modeling of fractured clavicles and reconstruction plates using CAD, finite element analysis and real musculoskeletal forces input-- Intelligent corset Section 6: Image processing Investigation of image segmentation methods for intracranial aneurysm haemodynamic research-- Generation and applications of CT images of the ideal standing position for total knee arthroplasty surgery.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book contains the proceedings of the tenth in a series of biennial conferences on the topic of advances in medical and biological computation that began in 2001. The advances covered in the computer modelling, and computational methods and measurements, and their integration, have applications in the study of orthopaedics, cardiovascular systems biomechanics and electrical simulation, amongst others, and are leading to progress in medical care and treatment. The conference topics cover a broad spectrum including the simulation of biomedical problems, ranging from cardiovascular modelling to virtual reality and simulation in surgery.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, R. Kiss, C.A. Brebbia.
- WIT transactions on biomedicine and health ; v. 17
- Selected conference papers.
- 9781845647063 (hbk.)
- 1845647068 (hbk.)