Botany : an introduction to plant biology
- James D. Mauseth.
- 5th ed.
- Burlington, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, c2014.
- Physical description
- xviii, 696 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 29 cm.
- Jones and Bartlett topics in biology.
- Mauseth, James D.
- Publisher's Summary
- As new information is introduced and environmental changes occur, Plant Biology continues to develop and evolve as a science. Updated and revised to keep pace with these developments, the Fifth Edition of Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology provides a modern and comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of botany while retaining the important focus of natural selection, analysis of botanical phenomena, and diversity. Students are first introduced to topics that should be most familiar (plant structure), proceed to those less familiar (plant physiology and development), and conclude with topics that are likely least familiar to the introductory student (genetics, evolution, and ecology). Mauseth is sure to provide the latest material on molecular biology and plant biotechnology in an effort to keep pace with these advancing areas of study. All sections are written to be self-contained allowing for a flexible presentation of course material. Key Features: - Includes new content on molecular biology, plant biotechnology, and the most recent coverage of taxonomy and phylogeny of plants. - Now available with a new electronic laboratory manual. - Plants Do Things Differently boxes help students understand and compare plant biology with human biology. - End-of-chapter study guide includes nearly 50 or more questions in each chapter, urging students to test themselves on the most important points in the chapter. - Alternatives boxes encourage students to think expansively about alternative aspects of plant biology that are more advantageous in certain conditions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781449648848 20160619
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- Jones and Bartlett titles in biological science
- Includes index.
- Includes Internet Web codes, on detachable card, at front of volume.
- 9781449648848 (alk. paper)
- 1449648843 (alk. paper)
- 9781449665807 (pack)
- 1449665802 (pack)
Browse related items
Start at call number: