A fierce green fire [videorecording] : the battle for a living planet
- a film by Mark Kitchell.
- English. Optional English SDH for the hearing impaired.
- Oley, PA : Distributed by Bullfrog Films, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|GE197 .F54 2012||Unknown|
- Going global
- Climate change.
- Divided into five "acts" (Conservation -- Pollution -- Alternatives -- Going global -- Climate change), the film is an exploration of the environmental movement--grassroots and global activism spanning fifty years from conservation to climate change.
- Environmentalism > United States > History.
- Environmental policy > United States > History.
- Environmental protection > United States > History.
- Shabecoff, Philip, 1934- Fierce green fire > Film adaptations.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Battle for a living planet
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Based on the book: A fierce green fire : the American environmental movement by Philip Shabecoff; original idea by Ruthie Sakheim.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2012.
- DVD-ROM includes Teaching guide (PDF) and Viewer's guide (PDF).
- Production Credits
- Producer, director, and writer, Mark Kitchell; cinematography, Vicente Franco.
- Cinematographer, Vicente Franco ; editors, Ken Schneider, Veronica Selver, Jonathan Beckhardt ; music, George Michalski, Randall Wallace, Garth Stevenson.
- Narrators, Robert Redford, Ashley Judd, Van Jones, Isabel Allende, Meryl Streep.
- Recorded DVD (NTSC); widescreen (1.85:1); stereo.
- To access resource materials on DVD: On a PC: Insert disc into PC DVD drive; Go to "Computer", right click on DVD icon and select "Open"; Open "Resources" folder. On a Mac: Double click the DVD icon.
- Licensed for public performance.
- Related Work
- Shabecoff, Philip, 1934- Fierce green fire.
Browse related items
Start at call number: