Numerical solution of elliptic and parabolic partial differential equations
- John A. Trangenstein.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 635 p. : ill. ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QA374 .T655 2013||Unknown|
- Trangenstein, J. A. (John Arthur), 1949-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 616-627) and indexes.
- Preface-- 1. Introduction to partial differential equations-- 2. Parabolic equations-- 3. Iterative linear algebra-- 4. Introduction to finite element methods-- 5. Finite element theory-- 6. Finite element approximations-- 7. Mixed and hybrid finite elements-- 8. Finite elements for parabolic equations-- 9. Finite elements and multigrid-- 10. Local refinement-- Nomenclature-- Bibliography-- Author index-- Subject index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107688070 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- For mathematicians and engineers interested in applying numerical methods to physical problems this book is ideal. Numerical ideas are connected to accompanying software, which is also available online. By seeing the complete description of the methods in both theory and implementation, students will more easily gain the knowledge needed to write their own application programs or develop new theory. The book contains careful development of the mathematical tools needed for analysis of the numerical methods, including elliptic regularity theory and approximation theory. Variational crimes, due to quadrature, coordinate mappings, domain approximation and boundary conditions, are analyzed. The claims are stated with full statement of the assumptions and conclusions, and use subscripted constants which can be traced back to the origination (particularly in the electronic version, which can be found on the accompanying CD-ROM).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107688070 20160612
- Supplemental links
- Cover image
- Publication date
- 9780521877268 (mixed media)
- 0521877261 (mixed media)
- 9781107043831 (hardback)
- 9781107688070 (CD)
- 1107043832 (hardback)
- 1107688078 (CD)
Browse related items
Start at call number: