Latin glossary : small manuscript fragment on vellum
- France?, 13th century.
- Physical description
- 1 fragment, 96 x 151 mm.
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Unidentified Latin vocabulary, this portion part of the letter M, with a total of 35 lemmata (a word or phrase that is glossed; headword).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Lower portion of vellum leaf, removed from a binding.
- Script: professional gotica textualis, 2 columns, with a fair amount of abbreviations.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased from Bonhams, 2013. Accession 2013-080.
- Previously in the Bernard M. Rosenthal collection; with Rosenthal's dealer description included with the manuscript, together with a note re previous ownership of Bernard Bischoff.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: