Biometrics : from fiction to practice
- Singapore : Pan Stanford Publishing, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 308 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
TK7882 .B56 B59 2013
- Unknown TK7882 .B56 B59 2013
- Du, Yingzi, 1975-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basic Concepts, Classic Approaches and Newest Designs in Biometrics: Fingerprint Recognition. Face Recognition Iris Recognition. Speaker Recognition. Palm Print Recognition. Multimodal Biometrics. Classic Approaches and Newest Designs in Biometric Technologies and Systems: Biometrics-Based Smart ID Card. Smart Clothes for Biometrics. Challenges and Concerns in Biometrics: Spoof and Vulnerability of Biometrics. Accessibility, Usability, and Legal Challenges in Biometrics. Latest Design and the Future of Biometric Systems to Address the Challenges and Concerns in Biometrics: Cancelable Biometrics Continuous Biometric Verification. Future Trends in Biometrics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book introduces readers to the basic concepts, classical approaches, and the newest design, development, and applications of biometrics. It also provides a glimpse of future designs and research directions in biometrics. In addition, it discusses some latest concerns and issues in this area. Suitable for a wide range of readers, the book explains professional terms in plain English. Some concepts and designs discussed are so new that commercial systems based on them may not arrive in the market in the next 10 to 20 years.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Eliza Yingzi Du.
- 9789814310888 (hbk.)
- 9814310883 (hbk.)