- Joanne M. Willey, Hofstra University, Linda M. Sherwood, Montana State University, Christopher J. Woolverton, Kent State University.
- Ninth edition.
- New York, NY : McGraw-Hill, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations ; 29 cm
Biology Library (Falconer)
QR41.2 .P74 2014
- Unknown QR41.2 .P74 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part One Introduction to Microbiology Chapter: 1. The Evolution of Microorganisms and Microbiology Chapter: 2. Microscopy and Specimen Preparation Chapter: 3. Bacterial Cell Structure Chapter: 4. Archaeal Cell Structure Chapter: 5. Eukaryotic Cell Structure Chapter: 6. Viruses and Other Acellular Infectious Agents Part Two Microbial Nutrition, Growth, and Control Chapter: 7. Microbial Growth Chapter: 8. Control of Microorganisms in the Environment Chapter: 9. Antimicrobial Chemotherapy Part Three Microbial Metabolism Chapter: 10. Introduction to Metabolism Chapter: 11. Catabolism: Energy Release and Conservation Chapter: 12. Anabolism: The Use of Energy in Biosynthesis Part Four Microbial Molecular Biology and Genetics Chapter: 13. Bacterial Genome Replication and Expression Chapter: 14. Regulation of Bacterial Cellular Processes Chapter: 15. Eukaryotic and Archaeal Genome Replication and Expression Chapter: 16. Mechanisms of Genetic Variation Chapter: 17. Recombinant DNA Technology Chapter: 18. Microbial Genomics Part Five The Diversity of the Microbial World Chapter: 19. Microbial Taxonomy and the Evolution of Diversity Chapter: 20. The Archaea Chapter: 21. The Deinococci, Mollicutes, and Nonproteobacterial Gram-Negative Bacteria Chapter: 22. The Proteobacteria Chapter: 23. Firmicutes: The Low G * C Gram-Positive Bacteria Chapter: 24. A ctinobacteria: The High G * C Gram-Positive Bacteria Chapter: 25. The Protists Chapter: 26. The Fungi (Eumycota ) Chapter: 27. The Viruses Part Six Ecology and Symbiosis Chapter: 28. Biogeochemical Cycling and Global Climate Change Chapter: 29. Methods in Microbial Ecology Chapter: 30. Microorganisms in Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems Chapter: 31. Microorganisms in Terrestrial Ecosystems Chapter: 32. Microbial Interactions Part Seven Pathogenicity and Host Response Chapter: 33. Innate Host Resistance Chapter: 34. Adaptive Immunity Chapter: 35. Pathogenicity and Infection Part Eight Microbial Diseases, Detection, and Their Control Chapter: 36. Clinical Microbiology and Immunology Chapter: 37. Epidemiology and Public Health Microbiology Chapter: 38. Human Diseases Caused by Viruses and Prions Chapter: 39. Human Diseases Caused by Bacteria Chapter: 40. Human Diseases Caused by Fungi and Protists Part Nine Applied Microbiology Chapter: 41. Microbiology of Food Chapter: 42. Biotechnology and Industrial Microbiology Chapter: 43. Applied Environmental Microbiology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The author team of "Prescott's Microbiology" continues the tradition of past editions by providing a balanced, comprehensive introduction to all major areas of microbiology. This balance makes Microbiology appropriate for microbiology majors and mixed majors courses. The authors have introduced a number of pedagogical elements designed to facilitate student learning. They also remain focused on readability, artwork, and the integration of several key themes (including evolution, ecology and diversity) throughout the text, making an already superior text even better.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- 9780073402406 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 0073402400 (hard copy : alk. paper)