Education in East Asia
- edited by Pei-tseng Jenny Hsieh.
- London : Bloomsbury Academic, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 310 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Education around the world series
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA1141 .E29 2013||Unknown|
- Hsieh, Pei-Tseng Jenny, 1981-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series Editor's Preface, Colin Brock (University of Oxford, UK) The Contributors Introduction: Education in East Asia - A regional Overview, Pei-tseng Jenny Hsieh (University of Oxford, UK) 1. China: An Overview, Zhou Zhong (Tsinghua University, China) 2. China: The Role of Independent Colleges in the Expanding Higher Education System, Kai Yu (Shangai Jiao Tong University, China) and Hubert Ertl (University of Oxford, UK) 3. Hong Kong: Structuring the Education System for a Diversified Society, Alka Sharma (University of Hong Kong) 4. Macao: Governmentality and Education Development in the Post-1999 Era, Sou-Kuan Vong (University of Macau, China) 5. Japan: Cultural Roots versus Systemic Provision, Shin'ichi Suzuki (Waseda University, Japan) 6. Japan: Internationalisation in Education and the Problem of Introspective Youth, Yuki Imoto (Keio University, Japan) 7. Japan: A Silent End to a Silent Revolution? Post-war Changes in Resource Allocation, Takehiko Kariya (Nissan Institute of Japanese Studies, Japan, and the University of Oxford, UK) 8. Mongolia: From Nomadic to Communistic to Liberal, Enkhzul Dambajantsan (University of the Humanities, Mongolia) 9. North Korea: An Overview, Jeong-ah Cho (Korea Institute for National Unification, North Korea), Huang-kue Lee (Hanyang University, South Korea), and Ki-Seok Kim (Seoul National University, South Korea) 10. South Korea: Education in a Multicultural Society, Jiyeon Hong (Kyungmin College, South Korea) 11. South Korea: College Admissions System and Reform Issues, Soojeong Lee (Dankook University, , South Korea) and Eul Sook Kim (Seoul National University, South Korea) 12. Taiwan: Trends and Agendas in Education Reform, Hsiao-lan Sharon Chen (Taiwan Normal University in Taipei, Taiwan) 13. Taiwan: Examinations, Pei-tseng Jenny Hsieh (University of Oxford, UK) Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Education in East Asia is a comprehensive critical reference guide to education in the region. With chapters written by an international team of leading regional education experts, the book explores the education systems of China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea and Taiwan, covering local regional developments in each country as well as recent reforms and global contexts. Including a comparative introduction to the issues facing education in the region as a whole and guides to available online datasets, this handbook will be an essential reference for researchers, scholars, international agencies and policy-makers at all levels.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781441140098 (hardback)
- 1441140093 (hardback)
- 9781441149718 (pdf)
- 1441149716 (pdf)
- 9781441181930 (epub)
- 1441181938 (epub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: