A field guide to the flowers of the Alps
- [Ansgar Hoppe].
- Exeter : Pelagic Publishing, 2012.
- Physical description
- 192 p. : col. ill., map ; 19 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
QK937 .H67 2012
- Unknown QK937 .H67 2012
- Hoppe, Ansgar, 1967-
- An introduction to alpine flowers-- Alpine flowers by flower colour-- Red flowers-- White flowers-- Blue flowers-- Yellow flowers-- Green/brown flowers-- Index-- Botanical terms illustrated-- The Alps - map of the regions covered.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Explore the colourful world of alpine flowers. This practical book will help you make a quick, reliable identification of each plant, with concise descriptions and illustrations for individual plants to enable differentiation from similar species. Flowers can be identified quickly from colour and shape. The notable characters of each plant are clearly highlighted. Covering 500 species, each with colour photographs, this compact guide is designed for walkers and botanists. For each plant the common name, scientific name, flowering time, plant height, protected status, and distribution (habitat and altitude) are described.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date