Molecular biology of the gene
- Watson, James D.
- Seventh edition.
- Boston : Pearson/CSH Press, 
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 872 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
QH506 .M6627 2014
- Unknown QH506 .M6627 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- I. HISTORY 1. Mendelian View of the World 2. Nucleic Acids Convey Genetic Information II. STRUCTURE AND STUDY OF MACROMOLECULES 3. Weak and strong chemical bonds. 4. The Structure of DNA 5. The Structure of RNA 6. The Structure of Proteins and Protein: Nucleic Acid Interactions 7. Techniques of Molecular Biology III. MAINTENANCE OF THE GENOME 8. Genome Structure, Chromatin and the Nucleosome 9. The Replication of DNA 10. The Mutability and Repair of DNA 11. Homologous Recombination at the Molecular Level 12. Site Specific Recombination and Transposition of DNA IV. EXPRESSION OF THE GENOME 13. Mechanisms of Transcription 14. RNA Splicing 15. Translation 16. The Genetic Code 17. Origins and early evolution of life V. REGULATION 18. Transcriptional Regulation in Prokaryotes 19. Transcriptional Regulation in Eukaryotes 20. Regulatory RNAs 21. Gene Regulation in Development and Evolution 22. Systems Biology APPENDIX: Model Organisms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Now completely up-to-date with the latest research advances, the Seventh Edition of James D. Watson's classic book, Molecular Biology of the Gene retains the distinctive character of earlier editions that has made it the most widely used book in molecular biology. Twenty-two concise chapters, co-authored by six highly distinguished biologists, provide current, authoritative coverage of an exciting, fast-changing discipline.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- James D. Watson, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Tania A. Baker, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stephen P. Bell, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Alexander Gann, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Michael Levine, University of California, Berkeley, Richard Losik, Harvard University ; with Stephen C. Harrison, Harvard Medical School.
- 9780321905376 (loose-leaf)
- 0321905377 (loose-leaf)
- 9780321762436 (hbk. : student ed)
- 0321762436 (hbk. : student ed)
- 9780321902641 (hardcover (instructor ed))
- 0321902645 (hardcover (instructor ed))