Unity in connectivity? : evolving human rights mechanisms in the ASEAN region
- By Vitit Muntarbhorn.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 255 p. ; 24 cm.
- Nijhoff law specials ; 83.
Law Library (Crown)
|KNC572 .A72 W58 2013||Unknown|
- Withit Mantāphō̜n.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 207-211) and index.
- Preface-- Chapter 1 The Context: Human Rights in the ASEAN Region Chapter 2 The Setting: Initiatives at the National Level A. Countries i.The Philippines ii.Indonesia iii.Thailand iv.Malaysia B. Other Institutions and Processes C. Stakeholders/Actors D. Promotion and Protection ? Chapter 3 Developing Regional Mechanisms: Process and Progress A. Background B. Initial Developments in ASEAN C. Human Rights Activities and Community-Building D. ASEAN Charter E. Drafting the Terms of Reference (TOR) of the ASEAN human rights mechanism F. The TOR of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights G. The Other Mechanisms: on Women/Children and on Migrant Workers H. Role of Civil Society I. Observations Chapter 4 Concerns and Challenges A. Conceptualization and/or Implementation ? B. Promotion and/or Protection ? C. International Law and/or National Law ? D. Non-interference and/or International Jurisdiction ? E. Institution-building and/or Popularized Process ? Chapter 5 ASEAN Inter-Connection A. Effective Mechanisms: National and Regional B. Dispute Settlement and Settlement C. An ASEAN Court D. People's ASEAN E. ASEAN Convention F.Systemic Inter-Connection Select Bibliography-- Appendices-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004236530 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- In "Unity in Connectivity? Evolving Human Rights Mechanisms in the ASEAN Region, " Vitit Muntarbhorn discusses developments concerning the growth of human rights institutions and processes at the national and regional levels in Southeast Asia, and related challenges.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004236530 20160611
- Publication date
- Nijhoff law specials ; volume 83
- 9789004236530 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9004236538 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: