- Mark Geoghegan, Georges Hadziioannou.
- 1st ed.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 256 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Oxford master series in condensed matter physics ; 22.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TK7871.15 .P6 G46 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -249) and index.
- 1. Polymer electronics -- 2. Electronic structure and band theory -- 3. Beyond polyacetylene -- 4. Optoelectronic properties -- 5. Charge transport -- 6. Synthesis and macromolecular design -- 7. The physics of polymers -- 8. Surfaces and interfaces -- 9. Polymer transistors -- 10. Optoelectronic devices -- Appendix A: Schottky barrier -- Appendix B: Dispersity in step-growth polymerization -- Appendix C: Regular solution theory -- Appendix D: Answers to selected problems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Polymer electronics is the science behind many important new developments in technology, such as the flexible electronic display (e-ink) and many new developments in transistor technology. Solar cells, light-emitting diodes, and transistors are all areas where plastic electronics is likely to, or is already having, a serious impact on our daily lives. With polymer transistors and light-emitting diodes now being commercialised, there is a clear need for a pedagogic text that discusses the subject in a clear and concise fashion suitable for senior undergraduate and graduate students. The content builds on what has been learnt in an elementary (core) course in solid state physics and electronic behaviour, but care has been taken to ensure that important aspects such as the synthesis of these polymers are not overlooked. The chemistry is treated in a manner appropriate to students of physics. Polymer Electronics presents a thorough discussion of the physics and chemistry behind this new and important area of science, appealing to all physical scientists with an interest in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Oxford master series in physics ; 22
- 9780199533824 (hbk.)
- 0199533822 (hbk.)
- 0199533830 (pbk.)
- 9780199533831 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: