From demo to delivery : the process of production
- Bob Katz ... [et al.] ; edited by Russ Hepworth-Sawyer.
- Burlington, MA : Focal Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- xviii, 313 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|ML3790 .F76 2009||Unknown|
- Foreword Editors Preface Introduction: Demo To Delivery: The Process of Production Section A: Preparation Song Production: The marriage between Composition and Audio Production Pre- Production Capturing, Shaping and Creating the Performance: The Engineers Role in the Process ahead Section B: The Sessions The Recording Session The Mix Session What's going on The Process of Mixing Mastering What is Mastering Equalizing the album Dynamic Range 1) Macrodynamics 2) 11) Dynamic Manipulation 3) Putting the album together 4) Section C: To Market Product Manufacture- How your record is made Publicity and Radio Promotion Music Distribution and Retail Section D: Doing it Yourself The DIY Approach The Recording Process- A Guide Evaluation Sound Quality Hints and Tips.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
From Demo to Delivery: The Process of Production discusses each stage of the typical music production process from start to finish. Beginning with the creation and development of the composition and song production, the book then traces the process from the recording, mixing and mastering stages through to marketing and distribution. This book is a must read for anyone who wants to learn the pro techniques involved in creating music from start to finish. Packed with essential information, including signposts to other sources of information at the end of each chapter, From Demo to Delivery provides a map for musicians, semi-pro and aspiring producers, engineers and music professionals interested in learning how music makes it from the an idea to the page to the studio to a demo and into the hands of the market and beyond. Check out the book's website - http://demo2delivery.com/.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780240811321 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0240811321 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: