Microfluidic diagnostics : methods and protocols
- edited by Gareth Jenkins, Colin D. Mansfield.
- New York : Humana Press : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 525 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 949.
Biology Library (Falconer)
QH506 .M45 V.949
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.949
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Present technology and future trends in point-of-care microfluidic diagnostics / Lawrence Kulinsky, Zahra Noroozi, and Marc Madou
- Teaching microfluidic diagnostics using Jell-O® chips / Cheng Wei T. Yang and Eric T. Lagally
- Fundamentals of microfluidics for high school students with no prior knowledge of fluid mechanics / Vishal Tandon and Walter Peck
- Measuring microchannel electroosmotic mobility and zeta potential by the current monitoring method / Chenren Shao and Don L. DeVoe
- Overview of the microfluidic diagnostics commercial landscape / Lily Kim
- Practical aspects of the preparation and filing of patent applications / Fiona Bessoth
- Introduction to in vitro diagnostic device regulatory requirements / Jonathan Day
- Microfluidic device fabrication by thermoplastic hot-embossing / Shuang Yang and Don L. DeVoe
- Introduction to glass microstructuring techniques / Radoslaw Mazurczyk and Colin D. Mansfield
- Glass microstructure capping and bonding techniques / Radoslaw Mazurczyk, Colin D. Mansfield, and Marcin Lygan
- Rapid prototyping of PDMS devices using SU-8 lithography / Gareth Jenkins
- Microfluidic interface technology based on stereolithography for glass-based lab-on-a-chips / Song-I Han and Ki-Ho Han
- Three-dimensional, paper-based microfluidic devices containing internal timers for running time-based diagnostic assays / Scott T. Phillips and Nicole K. Thom
- Thread based devices for low-cost diagnostics / Meital Reches
- Droplet-based microfluidics / Sanjiv Sharma ... [ et al.]
- Droplet-based microfluidics for binding assays and kinetics based on FRET / Monpichar Srisa-Art and Sanjiv Sharma
- Surface treatments for microfluidic biocompatibility / N.J. Shirtcliffe, R. Toon, and P. Roach
- Superhydrophobicity for antifouling microfluidic surfaces / N.J. Shirtcliffe and P. Roach
- Application of microfluidic devices for viral diagnosis in developing countries / Samantha M. Hattersley, John Greenman, and Stephen J. Haswell
- Applications of microfluidics for molecular diagnostics / Harikrishnan Jayamohan, Himanshu J. Sant, and Bruce K. Gale
- Quantitative heterogeneous immunoassays in protein modified polydimethylsiloxane microfluidic channels for rapid detection of disease biomarkers / Peng Li
- Breast cancer diagnostics using microfluidic multiplexed immunohistochemistry / Minseok S. Kim, Seyong Kwon, and Je-Kyun Park
- charged-coupled device (CCD) detectors for lab-on-a chip (LOC) optical analysis / Avraham Rasooly, Yordan Kostov, and Hugh A. Bruck
- Multilayer microfluidic poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate hydrogels / Michael P. Cuchiara and Jennifer L. West
- Purification of DNA/RNA in a microfluidic device / Andy Fan, Samantha Byrnes, and Catherine Klapperich
- Agarose droplet microfluidics for highly parallel and efficient single molecule emulsion PCR / Xuefei Leng and Chaoyong James Yang
- Integrated fluidic circuits (IFCs) for digital PCR / Ramesh Ramakrishnan ... [et al.]
- microFIND® approach to fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) / Andrea Zanardi, Emanuele Barborini, and Roberta Carbone
- ELISA lab-on-a-chip (ELISA-LOC) / Avraham Rasooly, Hugh A. Bruck, and Yordan Kostov
- Multiplexed surface plasmon resonance imaging for protein biomarker analysis / Eric Ouellet, Louise Lund, and Eric T. Lagally
- Surface acoustic wave (SAW) biosensors : coupling of sensing layers and measurement / Kerstin Lange, Friederike J. Gruhl, and Michael Rapp
- Microchip UV absorbance detection applied to isoelectric focusing of proteins / Junjie Ou and Carolyn L. Ren.
- Publisher's Summary
- Microfluidic techniques are becoming widely incorporated into medical diagnostic systems due to the inherent advantages of miniaturization. In Microfluidic Diagnostics: Methods in Molecular Biology, researchers in the field detail methods and protocols covering subjects such as microfluidic device fabrication, on-chip sample preparation, diagnostic applications and detection methodologies. The protocols described range from cutting-edge developments to established techniques and basic demonstrations suitable for education and training; from basic fabrication methods to commercializing research. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Microfluidic Diagnostics: Methods in Molecular Biology seeks to aid scientists in the further development and commercialization of microfluidic diagnostic technologies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology ; 949