Network economics of marine ecosystems and their exploitation
- Christian Mullon.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 293 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Mullon, Christian.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 275-290) and index.
- Introduction Climate changes, globalization and Network Economics An illustrated introduction to networks from the Network Economics perspective The Network Economics approach to the equilibrium and dynamics in ecology and economics Part II: Mathematical background A soft presentation of the mathematics of equilibrium and optimization Networks economics approaches to the equilibrium of ecological and economic systems About the equilibrium of trophic and ecological networks About the equilibrium of economic networks Applications of Network Economics to marine systems About the Gause's exclusion principle About the Peruvian puzzle Ecological controls in the Chilean coastal ecosystem Fishing under finance Futures of the worldwide fish supply chains The spatial behaviour of the Atlantic blue fin tuna The coexistence of small and big fish Conclusion Conclusion Appendices About equilibrium and dynamics in ecology and economics Algorithms for variational inequalities and complementarity problems Utility, prices and equilibrium.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466590052 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This book addresses the question of the double exposure of marine ecosystems, i.e. to both global climate changes and economic globalization. This book contains a short, but self sufficient mathematical introduction, the formalization in the context of Network economics of global commodity chains, with both trophic and economic processes, and a series of cases studies, going from the re-addressing of fundamental ecological questions such as Gause's exclusion principles to practical studies such as the representation of the global supply chain for tuna.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466590052 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "A Science Publishers book."
- 9781466590052 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 146659005X (hardcover : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: