The science writers' handbook : everything you need to know to pitch, publish, and prosper in the digital age
- First Da Capo Press edition.
- Boston, MA : Da Capo Lifelong Books, a member of the Perseus Books Group, 2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 308 pages ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Popular science writing has exploded in the past decade, both in print and on-line. Who better to guide writers striving to succeed in the profession than a group of award-winning, well-published journalists with a combined 225 years of experience? From Thomas Hayden's chapter on the nuts and bolts of making the perfect pitch to Emma Maris's advice about putting together a book proposal to Mark Schrope's essential information on contracts, the members of SciLance give writers of all levels the practical information they need to succeed, either as a staffer or as a freelancer. Going beyond craft, The Science Writer's Handbook also tackles lifestyle issues such as office space, steady income, and financial and emotional resources, for the ultimate guide to the craft, business and life of science writing"-- Provided by publisher.
- Technical writing.
- Publication date
- the writers of SciLance, edited by Thomas Hayden, Michelle Nijhuis.
- 9780738216560 (pbk.)
- 0738216569 (pbk.)
- 9780738216577 (e-book)
- 0738216577 (e-book)