Time and workplace management for lawyers
- Dr. Amy L. Jarmon.
- Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 223 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Law Library (Crown)
|KF315 .J37 2013||Unknown|
- Jarmon, Amy L., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- General observations
- Know your legal environment
- Basic work management parameters
- Basic time management parameters
- How to deal with competing demands on your time
- How to use staff effectively, ask for assistance, and delegate
- Basic parameters for research and writing projects
- Telephones, e-mail, and social media
- Time and work management away from the office
- Additional commitments you must manage
- Additional comments for non-firm lawyers
- Additional comments for solo practitioners
- Balancing your professional and personal lives
- Preventing burnout.
- Publisher's Summary
- Too many lawyers cope with their workloads by just spending longer hours at the office. This valuable book will provide strategies that will help you gain control over your professional life so that you can still have a fulfilling personal life outside the office. You'll find loads of practical advice for making time and work management decisions that will lead you to become more productive during your workday. It's written for both new lawyers with minimal work experience as well as lawyers who have practiced for several years and want to become more productive. In addition, you'll find appendix material that will help bring sanity to your home life, and help you reduce stress and relax.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781614389088 20160611
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781614389088 (alk. paper)
- 161438908X (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: