Remembering Tippett [electronic resource] : recordings from the 1940s.
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- Latin. The 4th work sung in Latin.
- London : NMC, p2005.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Fantasy sonata : for piano (21:09)
- Concerto for double string orchestra (21:15)
- String quartet no.
- 2 in F sharp (20:20)
- Spem in alium / Thomas Tallis (12:02).
- Included Work
- Tippett, Michael, 1905-1998. Sonatas, piano, no. 1.
- Tippett, Michael, 1905-1998. Concertos, string orchestras (2)
- Tippett, Michael, 1905-1998. Quartets, violins (2), viola, cello, no. 2, F♯
- Tallis, Thomas, approximately 1505-1585. Spem in alium.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- The 4th work a motet.
- In part previously released on analog discs: the 1st work in 1941 on Van Wyck (108-10 S), the 3rd work in 1948 on Decca (K 1925-7/ Ak 1925-7), the 4th work in 1949 on HMV (DA1021-2).
- "For interviews, sound clips and more information about these archive recordings, insert this disc into the CD drive of your computer"--Container.
- Phyllis Sellick, piano (1st work) ; unnamed orchestra ; Walter Goehr, conductor (2nd) ; Zorian Quartet (3rd) ; Morley College Choir ; the composer, conductor (4th).
- Recorded in 1941 at Decca's studios, London (1st work), 1943 at Levy's Sound Studios, London (2nd work), Dec. 18-20, 1947 at Decca's studios, London (3rd work) and Oct. 7, 1948 at HMV's Abbey Road studios (4th work).
- Publisher Number
- NMCD103 NMC Recordings