The education of the Hispanic population : selected essays
- Charlotte, N.C. : Information Age Pub., c2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 274 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Hispanic population in the United States (Charlotte, N.C.)
LC2669 .E396 2013
- Unknown LC2669 .E396 2013
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume brings together the latest research and scholarship on Latinos in the United States. This book is special in terms of the broad scope of topics covered and methodologies employed in pursuit of knowledge about Latino students. This collection is also unique in that it features the work of more than a dozen Latino scholars-both early-careerand established-applying their research expertise to investigate and elucidate the educational experiences of Latinos in the United States. The themes that are discussed in the chapters of The Education of the Hispanic Population: Selected Essays, reflect the wide-ranging discussions that are occurring in schools and school districts across the country and issues that are being carefully investigated by researchers who are committed to contributing thoughtful and meaningful scholarship of consequence for improving conditions for Latino youth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Billie Gastic and Richard R. Verdugo ; with the assistance of Michael Berardino and Diana Yadira Salas Coronado.
- The Hispanic population in the United States
- 9781617359569 (pbk.)
- 1617359564 (pbk.)
- 9781617359576 (hardcover)
- 1617359572 (hardcover)
- 9781617359583 (ebook)
- 1617359580 (ebook)