The dyscalculia toolkit : supporting learning difficulties in maths
- Ronit Bird.
- 2nd ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE Publications, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 146 p. : ill. ; 30 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QA135.6 .B57 2013 F||Unknown|
- Bird, Ronit.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index.
- Author's Biographic Details About the CD Introduction PART ONE: EARLY NUMBER WORK WITH NUMBERS UP TO 10 Overview What Are the Main Problems? How to Help Activites and Games PART TWO: BASIC CALCULATION WITH NUMBERS ABOVE 10 Overview What Are the Main Problems? How to Help Activities and Games PART THREE: PLACE VALUE Overview A Note about the Threefold Nature of the Column Labelling System What Are the Main Problems? How to Help PART FOUR: TIMES TABLES, MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION Overview What Are the Main Problems? How to Help Activities and Games SUGGESTIONS FOR FURTHER READING INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781446267196 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- With over 200 activities and 40 games this book is designed to support learners aged 6 to 14 years, who have difficulty with maths and numbers. Ronit Bird provides a clear explanation of dyscalculia, and presents the resources in a straightforward fashion. New to this new edition: - even more activities, games and printable resources - additional material, provided on the easily accessible CD-ROM - a table indicating which difficulties are supported by which activities - material that caters for a wider range of abilities and ages. This book and accompanying CD meet the needs of specialist and non-specialist teachers who are working with learners with difficulties in maths in mainstream settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781446267196 20160612
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: London: Paul Chapman Publications, 2007.
- "CD-ROM, 200 activities, 40 games, Age range 6-14" - cover.
- Age range 6-14.
- 9781446267189 (hbk)
- 1446267180 (hbk)
- 1446267199 (pbk)
- 9781446267196 (pbk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: