Planning programs for adult learners : a practical guide
- Rosemary S. Caffarella and Sandra Ratcliff Daffron.
- Third edition.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 
- Physical description
- xxxi, 422 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5225 .A34 C34 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Figures, Exhibits, and Exercises ix Figures, Exhibits, and Exercises Available Online xiii Foreword xvii Preface xxi Acknowledgments xxvii The Authors xxix 1 Planning Programs for Adults: What It s All About 1 2 Introducing the Interactive Model of Program Planning 27 3 Exploring Foundation Knowledge of Program Planning 52 4 Discerning the Context 79 5 Building a Solid Base of Support 106 6 Identifying and Prioritizing Ideas and Needs 133 7 Developing Program Goals and Objectives 161 8 Designing Instruction 181 9 Devising Transfer of Learning Plans 209 10 Formulating Program Evaluation Plans 232 11 Selecting Formats, Scheduling, and Staffing Programs 259 12 Preparing and Managing Budgets 283 13 Organizing Marketing Campaigns 311 14 Details, Details, Details 338 15 Revisiting the Model and Looking to the Future 366 References 384 Name Index 411 Subject Index 417.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Planning Programs for Adult Learners, Third Edition covers the development of adult education programs in clear, specific detail. This popular step-by-step guide contains information on every area of program planning for adult learners, from understanding the purpose of educational programs to obtaining suitable facilities to incorporating technology appropriately. For educators and practitioners for whom planning programs is a full-time responsibility or only a part of their jobs, as well as volunteers in a variety of organizations, will find this book to be an essential tool. Grounded in a variety of program planning models, the new edition includes: * new refinements to the 11-component interactive model * updated exercises and examples from new settings * new material on the practical application of technology * discussion of instructional and program evaluation * a focus on critical managerial tasks * a new chapter on exploring the foundational knowledge of program planning * a new section on the ethical issues related to program planning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780470770375 (pbk.)
- 0470770376 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: