Britten Sinfonia. 001, Songs of the sky [electronic resource].
- English. The 5th work sung in English (texts from various sources); composed as a memorial to the victims of the 2004 tsunami.
- Perivale, Midd[lese]x, U.K. : Signum Classics, p2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Tiger dancing / Steve Martland (14:58)
- Dream / Huw Watkins (6:31)
- Raï / Tarik O'Regan (12:05)
- Who knows the beauty? / Jason Yarde (16:31)
- Songs of the sky / John Tavener (25:48).
- Included Work
- Martland, Steve. Tiger dancing.
- Watkins, Huw, 1976- Dream.
- O'Regan, Tarik. Raï.
- Yarde, Jason, 1970- Who knows the beauty?
- Tavener, John. Songs of the sky.
- Music > Great Britain > 21st century.
- String nonets (Violins (4), violas (2), cellos (2), double bass)
- Trios (Piano, clarinet, violin)
- Octets (Clarinet, flute, harp, percussion, violin, viola, cello)
- Sextets (Piano, saxophone, violins (2), viola, double bass)
- Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble.
- Indian Ocean Tsunami, 2004 > Songs and music.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Songs of the sky
- The 1st work for 4 violins, 2 violas, 2 violoncellos, and double bass; the 2nd for violin, clarinet, and piano; the 3rd for violin, viola, violoncello, flute, clarinet, harp, and percussion (2 players); the 4th for saxophone, piano, 2 violins, viola, and double bass; the 5th for tenor, oboe, and piano.
- Members of the Britten Sinfonia ; Charles Daniels, tenor (5th work).
- Recorded Nov. 25, 2005 (1st work) and Nov. 25, 2006 (4th work) Angel Studios, and Mar. 6, 2005, Nov. 14, 2006 and Feb. 6, 2007, West Road Concert Hall, Cambridge (remainder).
- Publisher Number
- SIGCD149 Signum Classics