In memoriam [electronic resource]
- Lewis Spratlan.
- English, Spanish. 1st work sung in English and Spanish.
- Hampton, NH : Navona Records, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Spratlan, Lewis.
- Neruda, Pablo, 1904-1973.
- Vallejo, César, 1892-1938.
- Hayes, Sharon.
- Spratlan, Melinda.
- Hirsh, Jonathan.
- Humphrey, Jon (Tenor)
- Barnum, Donald.
- Watson, Nathaniel.
- Lam, Yvonne.
- Kim, David (Violinist)
- La Marca, Christian-Pierre.
- Zou, Xiang.
- Amherst College Choral Society.
- Valley Festival Orchestra.
- In memoriam. Prologue and prophecy (11:19) ; The hero (9:40) ; Death and lives of a revolutionary (11:09) ; Mexican serenade and prayer to the sun (19:58)
- Streaming : quartet for piano and strings (16:18).
- Included Work
- Spratlan, Lewis. Streaming.
- Release date
- Production date
- 1st work for 2 sopranos, tenor, two baritones, mixed chorus, and orchestra.
- Text of the 1st work draws from pre-Columbian Mayan writings and poems by Pablo Neruda and César Vallejo.
- CD also contains PDF files of study scores for music heard on the recording.
- Program and biographical notes, and texts of the 1st work inserted in container.
- In the 1st work: Sharon Hayes, Melinda Spratlan, sopranos ; Jon Humphrey, tenor ; Donald Barnum, Nathaniel Watson, baritones ; Amherst College Choral Society, Jonathan Hirsh, director ; The Valley Festival Orchestra, Lewis Spratlan, conductor. In the 2nd work: Yvonne Lam, violin ; David Kim, viola ; Christian-Pierre La Marca, cello ; Xiang Zou, piano.
- In memoriam recorded live on April 3, 1993 at Buckley Recital Hall, Amherst College, Amherst, MA; Streaming recorded live on June 23, 2004 at the Ravinia Festival, Highland Park, IL.
- Publisher Number
- NV5810 Navona