Somervell [electronic resource].
- O mistress mine (1:36)
- Orpheus with his lute (2:29)
- Sweet Kate (1:56)
- Songs of innocence. The shepherd (1:16) ; The blossom (1:08) ; The lamb (2:07) ; Nurse's song (1:34)
- From the song-cycle Maud. Birds in the high hall garden (2:44) ; Go not, happy day (2:01) ; Come into the garden, Maud (4:09)
- James Lee's wife. James Lee's wife speaks at the window (2:18) ; By the fireside (3:06) ; In the doorway (2:07) ; On the cliff (4:29) ; Among the rocks (3:23)
- The bargain (1:48)
- Fain would I change that note (3:01)
- Shepherd's cradle song (2:48)
- Come to me in my dreams (2:54) --Dainty little maiden (1:30)
- When spring returns (2:49)
- The shropshire lad. Loveliest of trees (2:12) ; When I was one-and-twenty (1:15) ; There pass the careless people (1:40) ; In summer-time on Bredon (3:51) ; The street sounds to a soldier's tread (1:56) ; On the idle hill of summer (2:18) ; White in the moon the long road lies (3:06) ; Think no more lad, laugh, be jolly (1:38) ; Into my heart an air that kills (1:55) ; The lads in their hundreds (2:57).
- Included Work
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 O mistress mine.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937. Orpheus with his lute.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 Sweet Kate.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937. Songs of innocence.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937. Maud Selections.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937. James Lee's wife.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 Bargain.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 Fain would I change that note.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 Shepherd's cradle song.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 Come to me in my dreams.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 Dainty little maiden.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937 When spring returns.
- Somervell, Arthur, 1863-1937. Shropshire lad.
- Release date
- Production date
- The English song series ; 2
- Includes texts in English and program notes by Garry Humphreys in English, French, and German in booklet (23 p.) inserted in container.
- Patricia Rozario, soprano ; Catherine Wyn-Rogers, mezzo-soprano ; Christopher Maltman, baritone ; Graham Johnson, piano ; The Duke Quartet (6th work).
- Recorded Mar. 23-25, 1998 at All Saint's Church, East Finchley, London.
- Publisher Number
- 8.557113 Naxos