Handbook of lipid bilayers
- Derek Marsh.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL. : CRC Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 1,145 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP751 .M385 2013||Unknown|
- Marsh, Derek.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- INTRODUCTION Lipid Classification Nomenclature of Lipids Fatty Acids PHOSPHOLIPIDS Phospholipid Classification and Molecular Weights Fatty Acid Composition of Naturally Occurring Phospholipids and of Membrane Lipids from the Yeast Lipidome Physicochemical Properties of Phospholipids Phospholipid pKas Crystal Structures of Phospholipids Phase Behavior and Hydration Calorimetric Data X-Ray Diffraction Data Densitometric Data Elastic Constants Dynamic Properties Phase Transition Temperatures Phase Diagrams: Binary and Ternary Mixtures Non-Lamellar Phases (Hexagonal and Cubic) Critical Micelle Concentrations and Lipid Transfer Bilayer-Bilayer Interactions Ion-Binding Constants GLYCOLIPIDS Glycolipid Classification and Molecular Weights Fatty Acid Composition of Naturally Occurring Glycolipids Physicochemical Properties of Glycolipids Glycolipid pKas Crystal Structures Phase Behavior and Hydration Calorimetric Data X-Ray Diffraction Data Densitometric Data Elastic Constants Dynamic Properties Phase Transition Temperatures Phase Diagrams: Binary Mixtures Non-Lamellar Phases (Hexagonal and Cubic) Critical Micelle Concentrations and Lipid Transfer Bilayer-Bilayer Interactions Ion-Binding Constants.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781420088328 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- Now in its second edition, the Handbook of Lipid Bilayers is a groundbreaking work that remains the field's definitive text and only comprehensive source for primary physicochemical data relating to phospholipid bilayers. Along with basic thermodynamic data, coverage includes both dynamic and structural properties of phospholipid bilayers. It is an indispensable reference for users of bilayer model membranes and liposome delivery systems and for those interested in the biophysics of membrane structure. Each chapter in the second edition contains considerable amounts of explanation and elaboration, including, in many cases, extensive analysis of structural connections between the data. New in the Second Edition: * Chapters on crystal structures of phospholipids include new structures and more comprehensive data on bond lengths, bond angles, and torsion angles-and all coordinates are Cartesian * Wide-angle data is indexed whenever possible to characterize chain-packing modes in gel and crystalline lamellar phases * Low-angle data are analyzed in terms of the lipid and water thicknesses * Headgroup separations in electron density profiles for phospholipids are included, and a separate section is devoted to the in-depth analysis of electron density profiles that provides the most detailed structural information on fluid lamellar phases * Phase diagrams of phospholipid mixtures are vastly expanded and have been redrawn in standardized format to aid intercomparison. Cholesterol, including ternary systems, is now featured. * New sections on titration calorimetry, and much extended data on the temperature dependence of transfer rates * The greatly expanded chapter on bilayer-bilayer interactions features new and detailed information on the components of interbilayer pressures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781420088328 20160611
- Publication date
- 9781420088328 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1420088327 (hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: