Computational physics of electric discharges in gas flows
- Sergey T. Surzhikov.
- Berlin : De Gruyter, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 428 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- De Gruyter studies in mathematical physics ; 7.
- Surzhikov, S. T. (Sergeĭ Timofeevich)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -422) and index.
- Preface-- PART I INTRODUCTION IN THE THEORY OF GAS DISCHARGES NUMERICAL MODELING-- 1 Models of gas discharges physical mechanics-- 2 About singularities of a statement of the MHD-equations for construction of spatial computing models-- 3 The physical mechanics of glow discharge-- PART II APPLICATION OF NUMERICAL MODELS TO RESEARCH OF PHYSICAL MECHANICS OF GLOW DISCHARGE-- 4 Numerical modelling of two-dimensional structure of glow discharge-- 5 Diffusion-drift model of glow discharge in a magnetic field-- 6 Glow discharge in cross magnetic field in view neutral gas and In the magnetic field-- 7 Glow discharge in the cross flow of neutral gas and in the magnetic field-- 8 Computing model of glow discharge in electronegative gas-- 9 Numerical modelling of glow discharge between electrodes arranged on the same surface-- 10 Quasi-neutral model of gas discharge in a strong magnetic field and in a gas flow-- 11 Viscous interaction on flat plate with surface discharge In a magnetic field-- 12 Self-consistent computing model of electrical thermogas-dynamics processes in subsonic flows-- 13 Supersonic flow round of naCa-0012 Aerodynamic profile whith surface glow discharge-- Appendix-- Fundamental constants-- Ratios between units of electricity and magnetism-- References-- Subject index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Gas discharges are of interest for many processes in mechanics, manufacturing, materials science and aerophysics. To understand the physics behind the phenomena is of key importance for the effective use and development of gas discharge devices. This worktreats methods of computational modeling of electrodischarge processes and dynamics of partially ionized gases. These methods are necessary to tackleproblems of physical mechanics, physics of gas discharges and aerophysics.Particular attention is given to a solution of two-dimensional problems of physical mechanics of glow discharges.The use ofglow discharges in aerospace technology is discussed as well.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- De Gruyter studies in mathematical physics ; 7
- 9783110270334 (hbk.)
- 3110270331 (hbk.)
- 9783110270419 (e-book)
- 9783110270426 (set)
- 3110270420 (set)
Browse related items
Start at call number: