John Coltrane : The complete Sun Ship session
- all tracks composed by John Coltrane.
- Uniform Title
- Instrumental music. Selections
- analog; vinyl; 33 1/3 rpm; microgroove; stereo.
- Stamford, Conn. : Mosaic, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 3 audio discs ; 12 in.
- tenor saxophone (1), piano (1), double bass (1), drum set (1) (total=4)
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|MOSAIC MRLP 3005||In-library use|
- [Record one] Dearly beloved (takes
- 1 & 2)
- Dearly beloved (take 3, breakdown)
- Dearly beloved (take 4, released version)
- Attaining (take 1, alternate version)
- Attaining (take 2, breakdown).
- [Record two] Attaining (take 3, complete version)
- Attaining (take 4, insert 1)
- Sun ship (take 1, breakdown)
- Sun ship (take 2, complete alternate version)
- Sun ship (take 3, insert 1)
- Sun ship (take 4, released version)
- Studio conversation
- Ascent (take 1, released version).
- [Record three] Ascent (take 2, incomplete version)
- Ascent (take 3, false starts, incomplete version)
- Ascent (takes 4-6, inserts/false starts)
- Ascent (take 7, complete insert 4)
- Ascent (take 8, complete insert 5)
- Amen (take 1, alternate version)
- Amen (take 2, released version).
- Publication date
- Title from disc label.
- Mosaic: MRLP-3005 (additional nos.: B0018278-01LP01, B0018278-01LP02, B0018278-01LP03).
- Biographical, historical, and discographical notes (8 p. : ill., ports.) inserted in container.
- John Coltrane Quartet (John Coltrane, tenor saxophone ; McCoy Tyner, piano ; Jimmy Garrison, bass ; Elvin Jones, drums).
- Recorded, RCA Victor Studios, New York, NY, 1965, August 26.
- Publisher Number
- MRLP-3005 Mosaic (set)
- B0018278-01LP01 Mosaic (record 1)
- B0018278-01LP02 Mosaic (record 2)
- B0018278-01LP03 Mosaic (record 3)