Tissue engineering : principles and practices
- edited by John P. Fisher ... [et al.].
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings),  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|R857 .T55 T559 2013||Unknown|
- Fisher, John P.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fundamentals Strategic Directions, Peter C. Johnson Silks, Monica A. Serban and David L. Kaplan Calcium Phosphates, Kemal Sariibrahimoglu, Joop G.C. Wolke, Sander C.G. Leeuwenburgh, and John A. Jansen Engineered Protein Biomaterials, Andreina Parisi-Amon and Sarah C. Heilshorn Synthetic Biomaterials, Joshua S. Katz and Jason A. Burdick Growth Factors and Morphogens: Signals for Tissue Engineering, A. Hari Reddi Signal Expression, Martha O. Wang and John P. Fisher Pluripotent Stem Cells, Todd C. McDevitt and Mellissa A. Kinney Hematopoietic Stem Cells, Ian M. Kaplan, Sebastien Morisot, and Curt I. Civin Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Pamela C. Yelick and Weibo Zhang Enabling Technologies Nanobiomaterials for Tissue Engineering, Pramod K. Avti, Sunny C. Patel, Pushpinder Uppal, Grace O'Malley, Joseph Garlow, and Balaji Sitharaman Biomimetic Approaches in Tissue Engineering, Indong Jun, Min Sup Kim, Ji-Hye Lee, Young Min Shin, and Heungsoo Shin Molecular Biology Techniques, X.G. Chen, Y.L. Fang, and W.T. Godbey Biomaterial Mechanics, Kimberly M. Stroka, Leann L. Norman, and Helim Aranda-Espinoza Mechanical Conditioning, Elaine L. Lee and Horst A. von Recum Micropatterned Biomaterials for Cell and Tissue Engineering, Murugan Ramalingam and Ali Khademhosseini Drug Delivery, Prinda Wanakule and Krishnendu Roy Gene Therapy, Abhay Pandit, C. Holladay, M. Kulkarni, and W. Minor Nanotechnology-Based Cell Engineering Strategies for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Applications, Joaquim Miguel Oliveira, Joao Filipe Mano, and Rui Luis Reis Cell Encapsulation, Stephanie J. Bryant Coculture Systems for Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Song P. Seto and Johnna S. Temenoff Tissue Engineering Bioreactors, Sarindr Bhumiratana, Elisa Cimetta, Nina Tandon, Warren Grayson, Milica Radisic, and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic Shear Forces, Jose F. Alvarez-Barreto, Samuel B. VanGordon, Brandon W. Engebretson, and Vasillios I. Sikavitsas Vascularization of Engineered Tissues, Monica L. Moya and Eric M. Brey Biomedical Imaging of Engineered Tissues, Nicholas E. Simpson and Athanassios Sambanis Multiscale Modeling of In Vitro Tissue Cultivation, Kyriacos Zygourakis Applications Bone Engineering, Lucas A. Kinard, Antonios G. Mikos, and F. Kurtis Kasper Dental and Craniofacial Bioengineering, Hemin Nie and Jeremy J. Mao Tendon and Ligament Engineering, Nicholas Sears, Tyler Touchet, Hugh Benhardt, and Elizabeth Cosgriff-Hernandez Cartilage Tissue Engineering, Emily E. Coates and John P. Fisher TMJ Engineering, Michael S. Detamore Interface Tissue Engineering, Helen H. Lu, Nora Khanarian, Kristen Moffat, and Siddarth Subramony The Bioengineering of Dental Tissues, Rena N. D'Souza, Katherine R. Regan, Kerstin M. Galler, and Songtao Shi Tissue Engineering of the Urogenital System, In Kap Ko, Anthony Atala, and James J. Yoo Vascular Tissue Engineering, Laura J. Suggs Neural Engineering, Yen-Chih Lin and Kacey G. Marra Tumor Engineering: Applications for Cancer Biology and Drug Development, Joseph A. Ludwig and Emily Burdett Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439874004 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- Tissue engineering research continues to captivate the interest of researchers and the general public alike. Popular media outlets like The New York Times, Time, and Wired continue to engage a wide audience and foster excitement for the field as regenerative medicine inches toward becoming a clinical reality. Putting the numerous advances in the field into a broad context, Tissue Engineering: Principles and Practices explores current thoughts on the development of engineered tissues. With contributions from experts and pioneers, this book begins with coverage of the fundamentals, details the supporting technology, and then elucidates their applications in tissue engineering. It explores strategic directions, nanobiomaterials, biomimetics, gene therapy, cell engineering, and more. The chapters then explore the applications of these technologies in areas such as bone engineering, cartilage tissue, dental tissue, vascular engineering, and neural engineering. A comprehensive overview of major research topics in tissue engineering, the book: * Examines the properties of stem cells, primary cells, growth factors, and extracellular matrix as well as their impact on the development of tissue-engineered devices * Focuses upon those strategies typically incorporated into tissue-engineered devices or utilized in their development, including scaffolds, nanocomposites, bioreactors, drug delivery systems, and gene therapy techniques * Presents synthetic tissues and organs that are currently under development for regenerative medicine applications The contributing authors are a diverse group with backgrounds in academia, clinical medicine, and industry. Furthermore, this book includes contributions from Europe, Asia, and North America, helping to broaden the views on the development and application of tissue-engineered devices. The book provides a useful reference for courses devoted to tissue engineering fundamentals and those laboratories developing tissue-engineered devices for regenerative medicine therapy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439874004 20160611
- Publication date
- 9781439874004 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 143987400X (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: