The laboratory rat
- Patrick Sharp, Jason Villano.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : Taylor & Francis, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxi, 377 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Laboratory animal pocket reference series.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|SF407 .R38 S48 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-357) and index.
- Important Biological Features Introduction Nomenclature Behavior Anatomical and Physiological Features Hematology and Clinical Chemistry Reproduction Husbandry Housing Environmental Enrichment Nutrition Sanitation and Sanitation Monitoring Transportation Quality Control Identification and Records Management Overview Select Regulatory Agencies and Compliance Voluntary Accreditation Occupational Health/Zoonotic Diseases Veterinary Care Clinical History Physical Examination Diagnostic Imaging Diseases of Rats Disease Prevention, Treatment, and Control Detecting and Preventing Infectious Disease Anesthesia and Analgesia Aseptic Surgery Euthanasia Necropsy Experimental Methodology Restraint Sampling Techniques Compound Administration Other Techniques Common Research Uses of Rats Other Rats Used in Research Resources Organizations Publications Electronic Resources Equipment and Facilities Meetings Technical Education Vendors Research Animal Diagnostic Laboratories Research Support Sanitation Supplies Transportation Veterinary and Surgical Supplies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439829868 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Rats have long been recognized as a valuable biomedical research model, notably in the investigation of aging, toxicology, addiction, and common human diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. In many instances, individuals conducting such research studies are charged with important responsibilities, including animal facility management, animal husbandry, veterinary care, regulatory compliance, and various experimental methodologies. With the advent of genetic manipulations and biomedical research technological advances such as bioimaging, the versatility and usefulness of the rat as an animal model has soared. The Laboratory Rat, Second Edition captures the multiple advances in this important animal model's husbandry, veterinary care, and experimental methodology. This edition features augmented, expanded, and novel information on biology, anesthesia, analgesia, and experimental techniques benefiting personnel working with rats-from the animal care staff to the researcher and everyone in between. The book is also extremely useful to institutional animal care and use program supporters and elements, including animal care and use committees, institutional officials, occupational health and safety professionals, veterinary technicians, and veterinarians.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781439829868 20160612
- Publication date
- The laboratory animal pocket reference series
- "A volume in The Laboratory animal pocket reference series."
- 9781439829868 (softcover : alk. paper)
- 1439829861 (softcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: