Protocols for micropropagation of selected economically-important horticultural plants
Biology Library (Falconer)
QH506 .M45 V.994
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.994
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Micropropagation of pear (Pyrus sp.) / Barbara M. Reed, Jeanine DeNoma, Sugae Wada, and Joseph Postman
- In vitro propagation of jojoba / Berta E. Llorente and Nancy M. Apóstolo
- In vitro propagation of olive (Olea europaea L.) by nodal segmentation of elongated shoots / Maurizio Lambardi, Elif Aylin Ozudogru, and Romano Roncasaglia
- Micropropagation systems of feijoa (Acca sellowiana (O. Berg) burret) / Miguel Pedro Guerra, Gabriela Claudia Cangahuala-Inocente, Lirio Luiz Dal Vesco, Rosete Pescador, and Clarissa Alves Caprestano
- Micropropagation of Vaccinium sp. by in vitro axillary shoot proliferation / Wojciech Litwińczuk
- In vitro propagation of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) by shoot tip culture / Elif Aylin Ozudogru, Ergun Kaya, and Maurizio Lambardi
- In vitro propagation of persimmon (Diospyros kaki Thunb.) / Edgardo Giordani, Mar Naval, and Carla Benelli
- Micropropagation of Citrus spp. by organogenesis and somatic embryogenesis / Benedetta Chiancone and Maria Antonietta Germanà
- Micropropagation of Prunus species relevant to cherry fruit production / Philippe Druart
- Micropropagation of peach rootstocks and cultivars / Ildikó Balla and Lucienne Mansvelt
- Micropropagation of Rubus and Ribes spp / Ewa Dziedzic and Joanna Jagła
- Somatic embryogenesis for efficient micropropagation of guava (Psidium guajava L.) / Nasim Akhtar
- Micropropagation of chokeberry by in vitro axillary shoot proliferation / Wojciech Litwińczuk
- Micropropagation of Lavandula spp / Sandra Gonçalves and Anabela Romano
- In vitro propagation of Acacia mangium and A. mangium A. auriculiformis / Olivier Monteuuis, Antoine Galiana, and Doreen Goh
- In vitro propagation of ash (Fraxinus excelsior L.) by somatic embryogenesis / Maurizio Capuana
- Micropropagation of paradise tree (Melia azedarach) by in vitro culture of axillary buds / Luis A. Mroginski and Hebe Y. Rey
- In Vitro Propagation of Hydrangea spp / Barbara Ruffoni, Ermanno Sacco, and Marco Savona
- In vitro propagation of fraser photinia using Azospirillum-mediated root development / Berta E. Llorente and Ezequiel E. Larraburu
- Micropropagation of Helleborus through axillary budding / Margherita Beruto, Serena Viglione, and Alessandro Bisignano
- Micropropagation of Cordyline terminalis / Tui Ray, Prasenjit Saha, and Satyesh C. Roy
- Micropropagation of african violet (Saintpaulia ionantha Wendl.) / Mukund Shukla, J. Alan Sullivan, Shri Mohan Jain, Susan J. Murch, and Praveen K. Saxena
- Micropropagation of Iris sp / Sladana Jevremovic, Zoran Jeknic, and Angelina Subotic
- Micropropagation of Gerbera (Gerbera jamesonii Bolus) / Ghani Minerva and Surinder Kumar
- Micropropagation of onion (Allium cepa L.) from immature inflorescences / Pablo Marinangeli
- In vitro propagation of cauliflower using curd microexplants / Martin Kieffer and Michael P. Fuller
- Micropropagation of Asparagus by in vitro shoot culture / Nataša Štajner
- Micropropagation and cryopreservation of garlic (Allium sativum L.) / E.R. Joachim Keller and Angelika Senula
- Micropropagation of globe artichoke (Cynara cardunculus L. var. scolymus) / Giovanni Iapichino
- In vitro rejuvenation of woody species / Paul E. Read and Christina M. Bavougian
- Encapsulation of in vitro- derived explants : an innovative tool for nurseries / Alvaro Standardi and Maurizio Micheli
- Thermotherapy, chemotherapy, and meristem culture in banana / Ludivine Lassois, Philippe Lepoivre, Rony Swennen, Ines van den Houwe, and Bart Panis
- Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of pineapple (Ananas comosus L., Merr.) / Minal Mhatre
- Protocol for inducing flower color somaclonal variation in Torenia (Torenia fournieri Lind.) / Duong Tan Nhut, Nguyen Thanh Hai, Pham Thi Minh Thu, Nguyen Ngoc Thi, Truong Thi Dieu Hien, Tran Trong Tuan, Nguyen Ba Nam, Nguyen Phuc Huy, Hoang Huan Chien, and Shri Mohan Jain
- Production of pathogen-free horticultural crops by cryotherapy of in vitro-grown shoot tips / Chaohong Feng, Renrui Wang, Jingwei Li, Biao Wang, Zhenfang Yin, Zhenhua Cui, Baiquan Li, Wenlu Bi, Zhibo Zhang, Mingfu Li, and Qiaochun Wang.
- Publisher's Summary
- Micropropagation is a reliable technology applied commercially worldwide for large-scale plant multiplication, germplasm conservation, pathogen elimination, genetic manipulations and supply of selected plants. In Protocols for Micropropagation of Selected Economically-Important Horticultural Plants, well recognised researchers in the field compile step-wise protocols for rapid plant multiplication of economically-important horticultural species. The book contains 35 chapters, divided into four major sections. The first three sections (Section A, B and C) contain 29 micropropagation protocols of selected fruit and nut species, indoor and outdoor ornamental plants, cut flowers, and vegetables. In addition to the detailed protocols of in vitro shoot initiation, proliferation, root induction and acclimatization, chapters also include detailed information on medium preparation, explant selection and preparation. The six chapters of Section D cover specific reviews on pivotal topics, such as in vitro rejuvenation, synthetic seed technology, thermotherapy and meristem culture in banana, genetic transformation of pineapple, flower color somaclonal variation in torenia, and cryotherapy of horticultural crops. Moreover, as a part of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to the respective topic, lists of necessary materials, notes, and illustrative photos. Comprehensive and well-written, Protocols for Micropropagation of Selected Economically-Important Horticultural Plants offers a useful resource for horticulturists, researchers, commercial companies, plant propagators, biotechnologists and students interested in micropropagation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Roots (Botany) > growth & development > Laboratory Manuals.
- Tissue Culture Techniques > methods > Laboratory Manuals.
- Agriculture > methods > Laboratory Manuals.
- Biotechnology > methods > Laboratory Manuals.
- Shoots (Botany) > growth & development > Laboratory Manuals.
- Plant micropropagation > Laboratory manuals.
- Botany, Economic.
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 11013 [sic: 994]
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 9781627030731 (alk. paper)
- 1627030735 (alk. paper)
- 9781627030748 (eBook)
- 1627030743 (eBook)