Geographical information systems and spatial optimization
- Sami Faiz, Saoussen Krichen.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxii, 154 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|G70.212 .F35 2013||Unknown|
- Faiz, Sami.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 133-141) and index.
- Introduction Geographical Information Systems: Basic Concepts Introduction Geographical databases Geographical information systems Research areas Conclusion Optimization: Basic Concepts Introduction Design of an optimization problem Features of an optimization problem Potential problems in optimization Solution approaches Conclusion Integration Strategies of GIS and Optimization Systems Introduction The importance of GIS-O integration strategies The full GIS-O integration strategy The loose GIS-O integration strategy The tight GIS-O integration strategy Comparison between integration strategies Potential applications of GIS-based optimization tools Conclusion A GIS-O Framework for the Vector Loading Distance Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem Introduction General context VRP variants The VL-DCVRP A loose GIS-O integration for the VL-DCVRP Conclusion References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466577473 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- This book deals with the basic concepts of GIS and optimization. It provides an overview of various integration protocols that are termed GIS-O integration strategies applied to practical applications. It also develops an integration approach for the vehicle routing problem with resource and distance requirements and approves it with numerical results. The book will be useful for researchers, decision makers, and practitioners who try to implement upgraded systems that derive benefits of both GIS and optimization.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466577473 20160610
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- A SCIENCE PUBLISHERS BOOK
- 9781466577473 (hardback)
- 1466577479 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: