Bacterial cell surfaces : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.966
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.966
- Delcour, Anne H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bird's eye view of the bacterial landscape / Natividad Ruiz
- Visualizing the bacterial cell surface : an overview / Harald Engelhardt
- Purification of the outer membrane usher protein and periplasmic chaperone-subunit complexes from the P and type 1 pilus systems / Nadine S. Henderson and David G. Thanassi
- Experimental manipulation of the microbial functional amyloid called curli / Yizhou Zhou ... [et al.]
- Visualization of gram-positive bacterial pili / Chungyu Chang ... [et al.]
- Single cell microfluidic studies of bacterial motility / Adrien Ducret, Olivier Theodoly, and Tam Mignot
- Chromatographic analysis of the Escherichia coli polysialic acid capsule / Susan M. Steenbergen and Eric R. Vimr
- Analysis of exopolysaccharides in Myxococcus xanthus using confocal laser scanning microscopy / Wei Hu, Renate Lux, and Wenyuan Shi
- Assessment of multidrug efflux assemblies by surface plasmon resonance / Elena B. Tikhonova and Helen I. Zgurskaya
- Fluorescence microscopy and proteomics to investigate subcellular localization, assembly, and function of the type II secretion system / Tanya L. Johnson ... [et al.]
- Pore formation by T3SS translocators : liposome leakage assay / Eric Faudry, Caroline Perdu, and Ina Attree
- Isolation of bacterial type IV machine subassemblies / Mayukh K. Sarkar ... [et al.]
- Production and crystallization of bacterial type V secretion proteins / Hye-Jeong Yeo
- Assembly of bacterial outer membrane proteins / Jan Grijpstra, Martine P. Bos, and Jan Tommassen
- Outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria : lipid A isolation and characterization / Jessica V. Hankins ... [et al.]
- Quantitative and qualitative preparations of bacterial outer membrane vesicles / Halima Chutkan ... [et al.]
- In vitro peptidoglycan synthesis assay with lipid II substrate / Jacob Biboy, Nhat Khai Bui, and Waldemar Vollmer
- Extraction of cell wall-bound teichoic acids and surface proteins from Listeria monocytogenes / Filipe Carvalho ... [et al.]
- Subfractionation and analysis of the cell envelope (lipo) polysaccharides of Mycobacterium tuberculosis / Anna E. Grzegorzewicz and Mary Jackson
- Protein disulfide bond formation in the periplasm : determination / Katleen Denoncin ... [et al.]
- Using reporter genes and the Escherichia coli ASKA overexpression library in screens for regulators of the gram negative envelope stress response / Julia L. Wong, Stefanie L. Vogt, and Tracy L. Raivio
- Isolation of bacteria envelope proteins / Shu Quan ... [et al.]
- Patch clamp electrophysiology for the study of bacterial ion channels in giant spheroplasts of E. coli / Boris Martinac ... [et al.]
- Electrophysiological characterization of bacterial pore-forming proteins in planar lipid bilayers / Owen S. Mapingire, Beau Wager, and Anne H. Delcour.
- Publisher's Summary
- In recent years, molecular microbiology has emerged as a top, cutting-edge biological discipline, thanks to the multi-disciplinary and integrative approaches taken by investigators seeking to understand the intricacies of the microbial world and how it affects human health and the biosphere. In Bacterial Cell Surfaces: Methods and Protocols, recent advances in structural biology, proteomics, and imaging techniques, together with the traditional biochemical and genetic approaches, are provided in order to present an exciting look into the structure, function, and regulation of the bacterial cell envelope. The detailed volume contains examples of traditional and innovative tools for the study of protein structure and function and enzymatic activities, the purification and analysis of macromolecules and their complexes, and the investigation of regulatory mechanisms and cell biological processes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Bacterial Cell Surfaces: Methods and Protocols is aimed at the microbiologist, biochemist, or cell biologist, whether a beginning graduate student or a veteran experimentalist, who wishes to learn new methodologies and take advantage of the years of research and protocol optimization from the best laboratories around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Anne H. Delcour.
- Method in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 966
- Springer Protocols
- 9781627032445 (alk. paper)
- 1627032444 (alk. paper)
- 9781627032452 (ebook)
- 1627032452 (ebook)