From STEM to STEAM : using brain-compatible strategies to integrate the arts
- David A. Sousa, Thomas Pilecki.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin Press, a SAGE company, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 260 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1591 .S68 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors Introduction 1. Why STEM Should Become STEAM 2. What Science Says About the Arts and Creativity 3. Frequently Asked Questions About Integrating the Arts and STEM 4. Implementing Arts Integration in the Primary Grades (K-4) 5. Implementing Arts Integration in the Intermediate Grades (5-8) 6. Implementing Arts Integration in the High School Grades (9-12) 7. STEAM Lesson Plan Appetizers in Science, Technology, and Engineering 8. STEAM Lesson Plan Appetizers in Mathematics 9. Putting It All Together Resources References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452258331 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- Research shows that activities associated with the arts can enhance creativity, problem-solving, memory systems, motor coordination, and analytical skills. Best-selling author David A. Sousa and veteran arts educator Thomas J. Pilecki demonstrate how arts education is integral to the development of the brain and to students' overall academic achievement. This book provides: " Classroom-tested strategies and techniques for both integrating the arts in STEM instruction " Data from schools that have already integrated the arts into STEM subjects, plus anecdotes and student success stories " How-to's for organizing curriculum and instructional strategies to allow for the integration of STEM subjects and the arts " Strategies for getting the entire staff and community involved in STEAM initiatives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452258331 20160615
- Publication date
- 9781452258331 (pbk.)
- 1452258333 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: