The infrastructure of accountability : data use and the transformation of American education
- edited by Dorothea Anagnostopoulos, Stacey A. Rutledge, Rebecca Jacobsen.
- Cambridge : Harvard Education Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 287 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
LB2806.22 .I55 2013
- Unknown LB2806.22 .I55 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword / Jeffrey R. Henig
- Introduction : Mapping the information infrastructure of accountability / Dorothea Anagnostopoulos, Stacey A. Rutledge, and Rebecca Jacobsen
- Paradoxes of data-driven school reform : learning from two generations of centralized accountability systems in the United States / Henirich Mintrop and Gail L. Sunderman
- Trust and numbers : constructing and contesting statewide student information systems / Dorothea Anagnostopoulos and Juanita Bautista-Guerra
- Accidental revolution : teacher accountability, value-added, and the shifting balance of power in the American school system / Chris Thorn and Douglas N. Harris
- Money and measures : the role of foundations in knowledge production / Janelle Scott and Huriya Jabbar
- Governing with data : the role of independent review panels in urban districts / Kenneth K. Wong
- "Numbers speak for themselves" : data use and the organization of schooling in two Florida elementary schools / Stacey A. Rutledge and Brenda Gale Neal
- New data, old patterns : the role of test scores in student assignment / Lora Cohen-Vogel, La'Tara Osborne-Lampkin, and Eric A. Houck
- What makes a "good" school? : data and competing discourses in a multilingual charter network / Lisa M. Dorner and Angela B. Layton
- Technologies for education and technologies for learners : how information technologies are (and should be) changing schools / Richard Halverson and R. Benjamin Shapiro
- A tale of two tests : test scores, accountability, and inequality in American education / Jennifer Jennings and Heeju Sohn
- Do good grades matter? : public accountability data and perceptions of school quality / Rebecca Jacobsen and Andrew Saultz
- Conclusion: the infrastructure of accountability : tensions, implications, and concluding thoughts / Stacey A. Rutledge, Dorothea Anagnostopoulos, and Rebecca Jacobsen.
- Publication date