Computer science and ambient intelligence
- edited by Gaëlle Calvary, Thierry Delot, Florence Sèdes, Jean-Yves Tigli.
- London : ISTE, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 335 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Computer engineering series (London)
Math & Statistics Library
|QA76.9 .A48 C66 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ambient Intelligence: Science or Fad? / Joelle COUTAZ and James L. CROWLEY
- Thinking about Ethics / Anne-Marie BENOIT
- Sensor Networks / Jean CARLE, Michael HAUSPIE, Nathalie MITTON, Tahiry RAZAFINDRALAMBO and David SIMPLOT-RYL
- Smart Systems, Ambient Intelligence and Energy Sources: Current Developments and Future Applications / Georges AKHRAS and Florence SEDÈS
- Middleware in Ubiquitous Computing / Vincent HOURDIN, Nicolas FERRY, Jean-Yves TIGLI, Stéphane LAVIROTTE and Gaëtan REY
- WComp, Middleware for Ubiquitous Computing and System Focused Adaptation / Nicolas FERRY, Vincent HOURDIN, Stéphane LAVIROTTE, Gaëtan REY and Jean-Yves TIGLI
- Data Access and Ambient Computing / Thierry DELOT and Marie THILLIEZ
- Security and Ambient Systems: A Study on the Evolution of Access Management in Pervasive Information Systems / Dana AL KUKHUN and Florence SEDÈS
- Interactive Systems and User-Centered Adaptation: The Plasticity of User Interfaces / Joëlle COUTAZ, Gaëlle CALVARY, Alexandre DEMEURE and Lionel BALME
- Composition of User Interfaces / Gaëlle CALVARY, Anne-Marie DERY-PINNA, Audrey OCCELLO, Philippe RENEVIER and Yoann GABILLON
- Smart Homes for People Suffering from Cognitive Disorders / Sylvain GIROUX and Hélène PIGOT
- Pervasive Games and Critical Applications / Isabelle ASTIC, Coline AUNIS, Jérome DUPIRE, Viviane GAL, Eric GRESSIER-SOUDAN, Christophe PITREY, Matthieu ROY, Françoise SAILHAN, Michel SIMATIC, Alexandre TOPOL and Emanuel ZAZA
- Intelligent Transportation Systems / Mikael DESERTOT, Sylvain LECOMTE, Christophe GRANSART and Thierry DELOT
- Sociotechnical Ambient Systems: From Test Scenario to Scientific obstacles / Georges DA COSTA, Jean-Pierre GEORGÉ and Marie-Pierre GLEIZES.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book focuses on ambient intelligence and addresses various issues related to data management, networking and HCI in this context. Taking a holistic view, it covers various levels of abstraction, ranging from fundamental to advanced concepts and brings together the contributions of various specialists in the field. Moreover, the book covers the key areas of computer science concerned with the emergence of ambient intelligence (e.g. interaction, middleware, networks, information systems, etc.). It even goes slightly beyond the borders of computer science with contributions related to smart materials and ethics. The authors cover a broad spectrum, with some chapters dedicated to the presentation of basic concepts and others focusing on emerging applications in various fields such as health, transport and tourism.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Computer engineering series
- 9781848214378 (hbk.)
- 1848214375 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: