Starry river of the sky
- Grace Lin.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Little, Brown, 2012.
- Physical description
- 288 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 21 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3562 .I46774 S73 2012||Unknown|
- Lin, Grace.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- The moon is missing from the remote Village of Clear Sky, but only a young boy named Rendi seems to notice! Rendi has run away from home and is now working as a chore boy at the village inn. He can't help but notice the village's peculiar inhabitants and their problems-where has the innkeeper's son gone? Why are Master Chao and Widow Yan always arguing? What is the crying sound Rendi keeps hearing? And how can crazy, old Mr. Shan not know if his pet is a toad or a rabbit? But one day, a mysterious lady arrives at the Inn with the gift of storytelling, and slowly transforms the villagers and Rendi himself. As she tells more stories and the days pass in the Village of Clear Sky, Rendi begins to realize that perhaps it is his own story that holds the answers to all those questions. Newbery Honor author Grace Lin brings readers another enthralling fantasy featuring her marvelous full-color illustrations. Starry River of the Sky is filled with Chinese folklore, fascinating characters, and exciting new adventures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780316125956 20160612
- Publication date
- Companion book to: Where the mountain meets the moon.
Browse related items
Start at call number: