Emancipation Proclamation : Lincoln and the dawn of liberty
- Tonya Bolden.
- New York : Abrams Books for Young Readers, 2013.
- Physical description
- vii, 120 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps, facsims. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
E453 .B68 2013
- Unknown E453 .B68 2013
- Bolden, Tonya.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "The agonizing prayers of centuries"
- "A fit and necessary military measure"
- "The trump of jubilee."
- Publisher's Summary
- Published on the anniversary of when President Abraham Lincoln's order went into effect, this book offers readers a unique look at the events that led to the Emancipation Proclamation. Filled with little known facts and fascinating details, it includes excerpts from historical sources, archival images and new research that debunks myths about the Emancipation Proclamation and its causes. A unique look at the events that led to the Emancipation Proclamation; quotes from historical figures as well as archival images offer an in depth look not only at important historical events but also the spirit of the people at the time. Complete with a timeline, glossary, and bibliography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- United States. President (1861-1865 : Lincoln). Emancipation Proclamation > Juvenile literature.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 > Juvenile literature.
- Slaves > Emancipation > United States > Juvenile literature.
- United States > Politics and government > 1861-1865 > Juvenile literature.
- Emancipation Proclamation.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Slaves > Emancipation > United States.
- United States > Politics and government > 1861-1865.
- Publication date
- 9781419703904 (hbk.)
- 1419703900 (hbk.)