Moonbird : a year on the wind with the great survivor B95
- Phillip Hoose.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Farrar Straus Giroux, c2012.
- Physical description
- 148 p. : col. ill., col. maps ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QL696 .C48 H66 2012||Unknown|
- Hoose, Phillip M., 1947-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -135) and index.
- Super bird (profile: Clive Minton)
- The Flight machine (profile: Patricia Gonzalez)
- Showdown at Delaware Bay (profile: Brian Harrington)
- Twinkling and trapping
- The Arctic breeding grounds (profile: Amanda Dey)
- Mingan: the bellwether site (profile: Guy Morrison and Ken Ross)
- Southbound: closing the circuit
- Extinction is forever (profile: Mike Hudson)
- Appendix : What you can do.
- Documents the survival tale of an intrepid shorebird who has endured annual migrations between Argentina and the Canadian Arctic throughout the course of a long lifetime while his species continues to decline.
- Publication date
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Award Honor Book (2013); YALSA Award for Excelleing in Nonfiction for Young Adults Finalist (2013).
- 9780374304683 (hc)
- 0374304688 (hc)