Me and Momma and Big John
- Mara Rockliff ; illustrated by William Low.
- 1st ed.
- Somerville, Mass. : Candlewick, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 31 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3618 .O354464 M4 2012 F||Unknown|
- Little John is proud of his mother's work as a stonecutter for a cathedral called "Big John," but struggles to understand the importance of spending so much time on one stone that no one will know Momma cut. Includes a history of New York City's Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
- Stonecutters > Fiction.
- Mothers and sons > Fiction.
- Cathedrals > Fiction.
- Building > Fiction.
- Cathedral of St. John the Divine (New York, N.Y.) > Fiction.
- African Americans > Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) > Fiction.
- JUVENILE FICTION / Art & Architecture.
- JUVENILE FICTION / Lifestyles / City & Town Life.
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / General (see also headings under Social Issues)
- Stone-cutters > Juvenile fiction.
- Mothers and sons > Juvenile fiction.
- Cathedrals > Juvenile fiction.
- Building > Juvenile fiction.
- Cathedral of St. John the Divine (New York, N.Y.) > Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans > Juvenile fiction.
- Picture books for children.
- New York (N.Y.) > Juvenile fiction.
- Publication date
- 9780763643591 (hardback)
- 0763643599 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: