Microbial biotechnology : principles and applications
- editor, Yuan Kun Lee.
- 3rd ed.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2013.
- Physical description
- xvi, 877 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
|TP248.27 .M53 M52 2013||Unknown|
- Lee, Y. K. (Yuan Kun)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Principles of Microbial Biotechnology-- Food Production Involving Microorganisms and Their Products-- Microbes in Agrobiotechnology-- Microbes in Medical Biotechnology-- Microbes in Environmental Biotechnology-- Microbes in Alternative Energy and in Mining-- Patenting Microbial Biotechnology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814366823 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The rapidly expanding molecular biological techniques and approaches have significant impact on microbial biotechnology, hence the need for the addition of two new chapters in the third edition of this textbook - "Chapter 3: Application of 'Omics' Technologies in Microbial Fermentation" and "Chapter 19: Bacterial Biofilm, Molecular Characterization and Impacts on Water Management". "Chapter 13: Transgenic Plants" has been completely revised while most of the other chapters have been thoroughly updated in this new edition. There already exist a number of excellent general textbooks on microbiology and biotechnology that deal with the basic principles of microbial biotechnology. To complement them, this book focuses on the various applications of microbial-biotechnological principles. A teaching-based format is adopted, whereby working problems, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, supplement the main text. The book also includes real life examples of how the application of microbial-biotechnological principles has achieved breakthroughs in both research and industrial production. Although written for polytechnic students and undergraduates, the book contains sufficient information to be used as a reference for postgraduate students and lecturers. It may also serve as a resource book for corporate planners, managers and applied research personnel.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814366823 20160612
- Microbial biotechnology.
- Publication date
- 9814366811 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9789814366816 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 981436682X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9789814366823 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: