Quantum cascade lasers
- Jérôme Faist.
- 1st ed.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 306 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC689.55 .S45 F35 2013||Unknown|
- Faist, Jérôme.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -304) and index.
- 1. Quantum devices -- 2. Technology -- 3. Electronic states in semiconductor quantum wells -- 4. Optical transitions -- 5. Intersubband scattering processes -- 6. Mid-infrared waveguides -- 7. Active region design -- 8. Short wavelengths QCLs -- 9. Terahertz QCL -- 10. Mode control -- 11. Device properties and characterization -- 12. Transport models -- 13. Dynamical properties -- 14. Applications -- Appendix A: Designs.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198528241 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides an introduction to quantum cascade lasers, including the basic underlying models used to describe the device. It aims at giving a synthetic view of the topic including the aspects of the physics, the technology, and the use of the device. It should also provide a guide for the application engineer to use this device in systems. The book is based on lecture notes of a class given for Masters and beginning PhD students. The idea is to provide an introduction to the new and exciting developments that intersubband transitions have brought to the use of the mid-infrared and terahertz region of the electromagnetic spectrum. The book provides an introductory part to each topic so that it can be used in a self-contained way, while references to the literature will allow deeper studies for further research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780198528241 20160612
- Semiconductor lasers.
- Publication date
- 9780198528241 (hardback)
- 0198528248 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: