RTI and mathematics : practical tools for teachers in K-8 classrooms
- Regina "Gina" Harwood Gresham, Mary Little.
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 226 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Pearson professional development.
Education Library (Cubberley)
QA20 .R47 G74 2013
- Unknown QA20 .R47 G74 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 221-222) and index.
- Preface Chapter 1: Response to Intervention in Mathematics What is Response to Instruction/Intervention (RTI)? What RTI is Not? Meeting the Instructional Needs of All Learners in Mathematics Connections: RTI with Common cord Standards and NCTM Focal Points in Mathematics Teacher's Corner Chapter 2: Setting the Stage for RTI in the Classroom by Understanding the Fundamentals RTI and How It Works Tiered Instruction-Why and How It Works Instructional Decision-making Processes for RTI Implementation Instructional Variables in the Mathematics Classroom Beginning and Delivering and Intervention Plan for Students Coordinating Interventions with Core Classroom Instruction Case Study-Revisited Teacher's Corner Chapter 3: Knowing the Students are Learning-Use of Assessment Data Understanding the Purposes and Types of Assessment Assessments used within RTI Using Assessment to Plan Instruction within RTI in Mathematics Teacher's Corner Chapter 4: Teaching All Students in My Classroom-Tier 1 An Overview of Tier 1 Universal Screening and Instructional Variables Effective Instruction in the Mathematics Classroom Differentiating Instruction Using Concrete Manipulatives and Multiple Representations Scaffolding Instruction for Mathematical Learning Curriculum Based Assessments for Instructional Decision-Making Teacher's Corner Scenerios Chapter 5: Interventions within Tier 2 An Overview of Tier 2 Using Data to Select Interventions for Students Intensifying and Implementing Interventions-- Standard protocol and Problem-Solving Organizing for Instruction: Grouping and Scheduling Monitoring Student Progress for Instructional Decision-Making Teacher's Corner Scenerios Chapter 6: Intensifying Interventions within Tier 3 Variables to Intensifying During Tier 3 Ms. Holly's Planning for RTI Diagnostic Assessment and Teaching at Tier 3 Special Education Services within RTI Teacher's Corner Chapter 7: Supporting Students in Our School through Professional Learning about RTI Supporting Students through Collaboration within RTI Making RTI Work for Students Professional Learning: Getting Connected with Colleagues Building Professional and Collegial Learning Communities for RTI Implementation RTI Embedded Within Continuous School Improvement Teacher's Corner Appendix (Reproducibles) Teacher Resources for RTI and Differentiated Instruction Glossary Book Study Guide Professional Learning Community (PLC) Resource References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This interactive, practical resource gives educators sound knowledge and expertise for successfully implementing RTI in mathematics and addressing the challenges involved. RTI and Mathematics clarifies and describes the issues of RTI, the connections among teachers' knowledge and skills and their use with RTI, and the role of the teacher within the classroom and school, and provides evidence-based content, scenarios, examples, resources, and activities; modeling description; and reflection upon the key learning outcomes of RTI. Included is an illustrative continuous case study of a mathematics teacher as she implements RTI in her classroom, and a myriad of information and resources educators can use immediately within K-8 classrooms in order to implement RTI in mathematics successfully.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Pearson professional development
- 9780133007015 (pbk.)
- 0133007014 (pbk.)