Climate change and island and coastal vulnerability [electronic resource]
- edited by J. Sundaresan...[et al.].
- Dordrecht : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Sundaresan, J.
- Hydrological Regime Changes and Water Woes
- Projected Precipitation Changes over Malaysia by the End of the 21st Century Using PRECIS Regional Climate Model / Fredolin T. Tangang, Liew Juneng, Ester Salimun, Meng Sei Kwan, Jui Le Loh
- Monsoonal Fluctuations vs Marine Productivity during Past 10,000 Years
- A Study Based on Sediment Core Retrieved from Southeastern Arabian Sea / V. Yoganandan, C. Krishnaiah, K. Selvaraj, G. V. Ravi Prasad, Koushik Dutta
- Prediction of Rain on the Basis of Cloud Liquid Water, Precipitation Water and Latent Heat in the Perspective of Climate Change over Two Coastal Stations / Rajasri Sen Jaiswal, S. V. Neela, Sonia R. Fredrick, M. Rasheed, Leena Zaveri
- Inter-annual Variability of Sea Surface Temperature in the Arabian Sea / C. Shaji, M. P. Sudev, M. V. Martin
- Paleoclimate of Peninsular India / R. Ramesh, S. R. Managave, M. G. Yadava
- Biotic Changes and Responses (Stresses and Vulnerability)
- Marine Biodiversity: Climate Impact and Conservation Planning / Leonard Sonnenschein
- Inventory and Monitoring of Coral Reefs of United Arab Emirates (UAE), Arabian Gulf, Using Remote Sensing Techniques / Dimpal Sanghvi, Richa Tiwari, Nandini Ray Chaudhury, Alpana Shukla, Ajai
- Impact of Climate Change in the Sundarban Aquatic Ecosystems: Phytoplankton as Proxies / Dola Bhattacharjee, Brajagopal Samanta, Anurag Danda, Punyasloke Bhadury
- Elevated CO2 and Temperature Affect Leaf Anatomical Characteristics in Coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) / K. S. Muralikrishna, S. Naresh Kumar, V. S. John Sunoj
- Biochemical Composition of Seaweeds after the Influence of Oil Spill from 'Tasman Spirit' at the Coast of Karachi / Qaisar Abbas, Rashida Qari, Fozia Khan
- Distribution of Ostracoda in the Mullipallam Lagoon, near Muthupet, Tamil Nadu, Southeast Coast of India
- Implications on Microenvironment / S. M. Hussain, A. Kalaiyarasi
- Coastal Dynamics
- Influence of Suspended Solid on in situ and ex situ Chlorophyll-a: A Case Study of Indian Sundarbans / Atanu Kumar Raha, Kakoli Banerjee, Susmita Das, Abhijit Mitra
- Climate and Sea Level Changes in a Holocene Bay Head Delta, Kerala, Southwest Coast of India / D. Padmalal, K. M. Nair, K. P. N. Kumaran, K. Sajan, S. Vishnu Mohan, K. Maya
- Role of Sea Level Rise on the Groundwater Quality in Coastal Areas of Sri Lanka / Ranjana U. K. Piyadasa, K. D. N. Weerasinghe, J. A. Liyanage
- Mangrove Responses to Climate Change along the Southwestern Coast of India during Holocene: Evidence from Palynology and Geochronology / K. P. N. Kumaran, Ruta B. Limaye, D. Padmalal
- Predicted Recurrence of Coral Bleaching Events along Lakshadweep Reef Region / M. Hussain Ali, B. Jasper, E. Vivekanandan
- Livelihood Options
- Hatchery Production of Marine Ornamental Fishes: An Alternate Livelihood Option for the Island Community at Lakshadweep / K. V. Dhaneesh, R. Vinoth, Swagat Ghosh, M. Gopi, T. T. Ajith Kumar, T. Balasubramanian
- Living in Harmony with Nature: Complication of Climate Change and Governance / H. A. Karl.
- Climate Change and Island and Coastal Vulnerability" is the outcome of a selection of peer reviewed edited papers presented at the International Workshop on Climate Change and Island Vulnerability (IWCCI) held at Kadmat Island, Lakshadweep, India in October 2010. Marine and coastal biodiversity, sea level rise vulnerability, fisheries, climate change impact on livelihood options, water and sanitation in island ecosystem and mitigation, adaptation and governance are the focal themes. The basic concept conveyed in the book is that biodiversity of islands is to be protected as a natural mechani
- Climatic changes > Environmental aspects > Congresses.
- Coasts > Congresses.
- Island ecology > Congresses.
- Coastal ecology > Congresses.
- Climatic geomorphology > Congresses.
- Life sciences.
- Earth Sciences.
- Environmental Science and Engineering.
- Coastal Sciences.
- Marine & Freshwater Sciences.
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9789400760165 (electronic bk.)
- 9400760167 (electronic bk.)