Analysis and numerics of partial differential equations
- Franco Brezzi [and others], editors.
- Milan ; London : Springer, ©2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Springer INdAM series ; v. 4.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A Historical Perspective
- Personal Memories / Franco Brezzi
- Get Access
- Some Aspects of the Research of Enrico Magenes in Partial Differential Equations / Giuseppe Geymonat
- Enrico Magenes and the Dam Problem / Claudio Baiocchi
- Inverse Problems in Electrocardiology / Piero Colli Franzone
- Stefan Problems and Numerical Analysis / Claudio Verdi
- Enrico Magenes and the Teaching of Mathematics / Mario Ferrari
- List of Mathematical Works Authored or Edited by Enrico Magenes / Ugo Gianazza
- Recent Developments
- Heat Flow and Calculus on Metric Measure Spaces with Ricci Curvature Bounded Below--The Compact Case / Luigi Ambrosio, Nicola Gigli, Giuseppe Savaré
- Spaces of Finite Element Differential Forms / Douglas N. Arnold
- A Priori Bounds for Solutions of a Nonlocal Evolution PDE / Luis Caffarelli, Enrico Valdinoci
- On the Numerical Analysis of Adaptive Spectral/hp Methods for Elliptic Problems / Claudio Canuto, Marco Verani
- A Theory and Challenges for Coarsening in Microstructure / Katayun Barmak, Eva Eggeling, Maria Emelianenko, Yekaterina Epshteyn
- A Generalized Empirical Interpolation Method: Application of Reduced Basis Techniques to Data Assimilation / Yvon Maday, Olga Mula
- Analysis and Numerics of Some Fractal Boundary Value Problems / Umberto Mosco
- AFEM for Geometric PDE: The Laplace-Beltrami Operator / Andrea Bonito, J. Manuel Cascón, Pedro Morin, Ricardo H. Nochetto
- Generalized Reduced Basis Methods and n-Width Estimates for the Approximation of the Solution Manifold of Parametric PDEs / Toni Lassila, Andrea Manzoni, Alfio Quarteroni, Gianluigi Rozza
- Variational Formulation of Phase Transitions with Glass Formation / Augusto Visintin.
This volume is a selection of contributions offered by friends, collaborators, past students in memory of Enrico Magenes. The first part gives a wide historical perspective of Magenes' work in his 50-year mathematical career; the second part contains original research papers, and shows how ideas, methods, and techniques introduced by Magenes and his collaborators still have an impact on the current research in Mathematics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer INdAM series ; v. 4
- 9788847025929 (electronic bk.)
- 8847025923 (electronic bk.)